Cheap flights to Irvine, California (CA)
Nestled within California's affluent Orange County, Irvine is a real jewel in the crown of the famous golden state. A warm, welcoming and vibrant area, it has all the spirit and energy of a city in rapid growth, but with a rustic, European influence that ensures it's also one of the most laid-back places to visit in the US.
The Market Place is so much more than a retail center. You can spend an eternity exploring the various shops, sampling a variety of international cuisines and sitting out in the square simply watching the world go by. Other nearby attractions that are sure to get your pulse racing include the K1 Speed go-karting track and Boomers, offering everything from batting cages to a carnival. Irvine is also a great place to find yourself after dark, with most restaurants transforming into clubs as the sun goes down. This chic city has everything, from nightclubs to jazz cafes, so you're sure to find something to suit your tastes.
To wind down your trip, visit one of the nearby golf resorts, or take in the local art scene at an inner city gallery. The Verizon Wireless Amphitheater is a real hotspot for live music and entertainment, but if you get tired of the city vibe, the Orange County Great Park is a must-see for those who simply want to get back to nature. This stunning attraction offers the best of both worlds, from farmers markets to fairground rides, nature trails to outdoor comedy shows. But if you really want to get a unique perspective of Irvine, ride the orange hot air balloon for an incredible panoramic view.
Best Time to Fly to Irvine
In true Californian style, Irvine's yearly weather forecast generally predicts plenty of sunshine. The region rarely sees rain or snowfall, and has mostly mild winters. To enjoy this fantastic weather at a reduced cost, take advantage of the school term times and visit anytime between April to June, or September to November.
Getting around Irvine
As a large city with built up suburban areas, the best way to travel is by car. Whilst taxis are frequent and relatively well-priced, rental cars are a great way of getting around Irvine, especially if you're looking to drive further out to nearby attractions such as Disneyland or Laguna Beach. If driving isn't an option, take advantage of the inner city bus service, or use the train to travel further out.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Irvine
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Irvine
- San Francisco (SFO)
- San Jose (SJC)
- New York (NYC)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Newark (EWR)
- Houston (IAH)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Denver (DEN)
- St Louis (STL)
- Portland (PDX)
- Fresno (FAT)
- Boston (BOS)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Austin (AUS)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Detroit (DTT)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Orlando (MCO)
Flights to California
Useful information about Irvine
More useful information about Irvine
- Sacramento is growing, offering affordable homes to those seeking California weather.
- The peak season for one way flights to California is the summer.
- Check out our family travel tips you’ll be the one asking “are we there yet?”
- Direct flights to California are easy since it has over 15 airports.
- California's Anaheim is home to Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Pack your bags and go, because you can be miles away by the end of the day with our tips on last minute deals.
- Fly to California and go to San Francisco to see The Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman’s Wharf.
- After your last minute flight to California, driving is the best way to get around the state.
- For California wineries, visit Napa and Sonoma Valley.
- Take your family somewhere and still have enough cash to splurge on souvenirs with our budget vacation tips.