Cheap flights to Wollongong, Australia
Wollongong is located in the Australian state of New South Wales, around 80 kilometres south of Sydney. Fronting onto the Pacific Ocean, the city is a surfing center and has a long, sandy beach, which makes it a popular resort for locals and international visitors alike.
One of Wollongong's great attractions is its down to earth, relaxed culture. Visitors will be welcomed warmly, and they can dine at some of Australia's best restaurants during their stay. The region is particularly known for its steak and seafood combination dishes, but its food culture includes influences from around the world. Visitors can even take food tours of the area which visit local producers like orchards, vineyards, farmers and cookery academies.
However, the area around town is more famous for its natural beauty. Away from the coast, visitors can trace the Cockatoo Run on a specially constructed steam railway, which passes through rainforest and beautiful gorges.
Wollongong is also an ideal destination for active holidaymakers. The choice of activities is huge, from surfing to paragliding, hang gliding and sky-diving - all provided by local experts.
Sydney is also a short drive or bus journey away. Base yourself in a coastal resort and visit the Opera House, Botanical Gardens and enjoy a harbour tour before heading back to your peaceful accommodations. There is no better way to experience Australia's largest city.
There are also some fine activities for families to enjoy. Along with the beach, Wollongong has an excellent planetarium, and has an enchanting Botanical Garden of its own, which is ideal for picnics.
Best Time to Fly to Wollongong
The area around Wollongong has a temperate climate, and even the winters are quite mild, making it a year-round destination. With Sydney so close, there will always be something to do, no matter what the weather, and the city hosts a Winter Wine Festival in June as well. But for hardcore sun lovers, the Australian summer lasts between November and February, and brings scorching temperatures.
Getting around Wollongong
Getting around the center of town is made easy by a shuttle bus service which runs between the University, the town's station and the Central Business District, and which arrives every ten minutes. Outer suburbs can be reached by trains, and all major car hire services have a presence in town as well.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to New South Wales
Useful information about Wollongong
More useful information about Wollongong
- Sydney is Australia's oldest city and has international style and superb dining.
- Looking for daily deals while in Australia? Groupon and Living Social have a presence there too.
- If you are looking for Australian beaches, Bondi Beach in Sydney should be a first stop.
- Last minute flight deals to Australia can be found if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- The 'real' Tasmanian Devil is found on the island of Tasmania, and is the size of a small dog.
- Book a direct flight to Australia to see bizarre wildlife and beautiful beaches.
- Take a one way flight to Australia and you'll will be picking up some of the local slang in no time.
- Want to visit the capital city? It's little-known Canberra; not Sydney or Melbourne.
- Some of Australia's six states are New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
- The off season in Australia is June through August when winter is in full effect.
Other user searches
- Flights Indianapolis to Medford
- Cheap Las Vegas to Los Cabos flights
- Texas from Raleigh flights
- Minneapolis to Kansas City flights
- Flights Dallas to Dominican Republic
- Flights Chicago to Brussels
- United Airlines
- Cheap flights from Providence to San Francisco
- Chicago to Vancouver International flights
- Florida tickets