Cheap flights to Halifax International (YHZ)
Halifax Robert L. Stanfield International Airport (YHZ) is located 22 miles (35km) from Halifax city center. It is Canada’s seventh-busiest airport, serving more than 3.5 million passengers each year. Flights to Halifax International arrive from across Canada, the US and Europe.
Since 1998, extensive construction has been underway, including runway renovations and terminal and car park expansions. Efforts are also being focused on improving the aesthetics of the airport with an observation deck and terminal upgrades. Perhaps one of the most significant enhancements at the airport is its new pre-clearance area, which saves travelers a lot of time when boarding a flight to the US.
Currently in the seventh and final phase of its Airport Restoration Program, Halifax International will see taxiway and aircraft apron renovations in 2011. Delays are to be expected, but the program will soon have the airport in better shape than ever.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Halifax International
USA departure airports for flights to Halifax International
Useful information about Halifax International
More useful information about Halifax International
- The eastern provinces of Canada include Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- When your one way flight to Canada arrives, you’ll be in North America’s largest country by area.
- Western Canada consists of British Columbia and three provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Victoria Day to Labor Day (Late May to Early September) is the best time for outdoor activities.
- For winter sports enthusiasts, November to March offers the best chance of good snow in Canada.
- Possibly the most British of the Canadian cities, Ottawa is a charming cosmopolitan city.
- Some direct flights to Canada land at Lester B Pearson International Airport or Trudeau Airport.
- For last minute flights to Canada, keep in mind that many cities are transformed into winter wonderlands.