Cheap flights to Blackpool, England
One of the most famous seaside resorts in Europe, Blackpool remains a superb holiday destination for families, with its long sandy beach, spectacular illuminations and charming entertainment selection.
The highlight of a stay in the city is its seafront location. Hire a beach hut and stretch out on a lounger on the level sands, or venture into the lively surf. Kids will also adore the chance to take a donkey ride and munch on some famous Blackpool rock.
Next to the beach, visitors can spend their time riding the rollercoasters of the Pleasure Beach, with the exhilaration of the 'Big One' and its arena which hosts family entertainment such as ice shows.
Another attraction is the impressive Blackpool Tower, which was inspired by the Paris' Eiffel Tower. Climb the tower and see the city lit up by a dazzling array of illuminations, catch a film in the Tower Eye cinema, or tour the spooky Tower Dungeons. Visitors should also experience the walk down the promenade - called the "Golden Mile" with its illuminated arcades and thriving nightlife.
Animal lovers will also want to visit the town's zoo, which houses different species ranging from gorillas to elephants and sea lions. And when you need a little culture, the town does not disappoint, with the Grand Theatre hosting international acts every week.
For lovers of gorgeous scenery and hiking, the Lake District is not far away, while the cities of Liverpool and Manchester are accessible by car or train. For a slice of traditional British seaside tourism, and much more besides, Blackpool is an ideal destination.
Best Time to Fly to Blackpool
Sun seekers should visit the resort between June and the end of August, but the beach will be slightly busier (although it is enormous). However, visiting in September and October will allow tourists to witness the annual lights festival - Blackpool Illuminations. Attractions like the Pleasure Beach and zoo are available all year round. Prices tend to drop outside of the summer season, so budget travelers may want to visit between March and May or September and October.
Getting around Blackpool
The town has an excellent bus network, and details of the schedule and routes can be picked up from the Transport Offices on Market Square, while discount passes can also be purchased. There is also a popular tram service which covers the Golden Mile. And there is also a bicycle hire service which allows visitors to hire bikes.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to England
Useful information about Blackpool
More useful information about Blackpool
- Rail travel is a tremendous way to get around England domestically.
- In 2003, the country saw the highest temperature ever, with one day's high over 100 degrees.
- It's always peak season when visiting London.
- The first public zoo in the world opened in London, England in 1829.
- Booking last minute flights to England can be great as long as your passport/papers are in order.
- A visit to England can be cheaper than expected if you stay outside of London.
- Direct flights to England from eastern seaboard cities are abundant.
- One way flights to England can be great money savers.
- Small, outlying towns often offer great winter deals if you like toasty fires and cozy pubs.
- While eating breakfast in medieval England, you might find beer as one of the beverage options.