Cheap flights to Guadalajara, Mexico
The beautiful city of Guadalajara is the largest city and capital of the Mexican state of Jalisco. Located in the western-Pacific region of Mexico, this popular tourist destination offers visitors an exciting array of natural features, landmarks, tours and adventure activities to enjoy. Many consider this the most enjoyable city and region to visit in Mexico. Popular for Mexican nuptials, natural areas and traditional towns, Guadalajara is also well-known for authentic indigenous cuisine, Mayan history and culture and outdoor activities. If the party scene is more your style, this region offers plenty of tequila and mariachi music. Offering green spaces and colorful public art in Plazas and parks, much to enjoy can be found within the downtown are..
The striking cathedral is the centre of the city and its central dome and pointed towers are worth a visit. Four plazas surround the cathedral. Hospicio Cabanas is a UNESCO World Heritage site. This very elegant city is also a festive one where plenty of fun is to be had in a region which features great nightlife as well as family entertainment. It is located close to Chapala where you will find modern roads and airports. A view of the stars can be found at San Sebastian del Oeste. This small town in Jalisco is high up in the Sierra mountains and offers a view over the striking scenery of Banderas Bay and the Maria Islands, and at night, the star filled sky. During day time hours you can rent a mountain bike, horse, or mule and roam the hills of the Sierra.
Best Time to Fly to Guadalajara
The city experiences a humid subtropical climate with summer rainfall, cool winter nights and hot spring weather. The peak season in the region is during the summer months of June to August, despite the higher rainfall levels. Temperatures don't generally rise above 89 degrees Fahrenheit. The Guadalajara Book Fair takes place during November each year and is the second largest in the world taking place over nine days.
March to June is a great time for warmer nights and cheaper deals and it also avoids the higher rainfall levels of the hot summer months. Spring weather in Guadalajara offers visitors balmy nights and warm days. The drier fall season between September and November is a good time to enjoy the parks, fountains and flower beds which are so much a part of the city and special fall deals are sometimes available.
Getting around Guadalajara
The city can be explored by bus, on foot or even in a horse-drawn carriage. The Centro (downtown) can easily be explored on foot as most attractions are located within a small radius. The metro is another option to tour the city and two lines operate, one to the eastern suburbs and the other to the edges of the city.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Guadalajara
USA departure airports for flights to Guadalajara
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Guadalajara
- Tijuana (TIJ)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Chicago (CHI)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Fresno (FAT)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Houston (IAH)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Portland (PDX)
- Mexicali (MXL)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Denver (DEN)
- Boise (BOI)
- Pasco (PSC)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Miami (MIA)
- New York (NYC)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Reno (RNO)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Kansas City (MCI)
This is useful information about Guadalajara
More useful information about Guadalajara
- If you're looking for a cheap alternative to Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajrara is not too far away.
- Soccer fans should take a direct flight to Guadalajrara to see some of Mexico's best teams play.
- Aeromexico offers international flights to Guadalajara.
- You can find great last minute flights during the summer season. If you can endure the weather you can save money.
- Guadalajara is rich in history and in culture. Be sure to take in all the history while you are there.
- The weather is beautiful all year long in Guadalajrara.
- Foodies should try out the Torta ahogada after they fly to Guadalajara.
- Nicknamed "the pearl of the west", Guadalajrara has over 20 museums, 6 universities, and many historical sites.
- Take a one way flight to Guadalajrara in August to see one of the largest mariachi parades in the world.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to National/Zaventem from New York
- Sheppard AFB/Wichita Falls Municipal to Samsun Carsamba Apt
- Flights Orange County from Marathon
- Flights to Atlantic City
- United Airlines
- Canada airport
- Flights from Detroit to Korea
- Flights from Athens to Abu Dhabi
- Cheap flights to Moab
- Flights to South Africa from Minneapolis