When is the best time to fly to Krasnodar?
If you visit Krasnodar in the heat of summer, you will enjoy the best weather for city sightseeing and for visiting the beach resorts of the Black Sea. Temperatures are highest between July and August, so these months are the best time to visit.
Temperatures can drop below freezing in the winter months, particularly in January. If you want to book a trip to Krasnodar outside of the tourist season, this is the time when flights are cheaper and deals easier to come by.
The Russian city of Krasnodar is a large economic centre that blends modern architecture, culture and entertainment with fascinating historic landmarks. Sitting on the Kuban River, Krasnodar has for centuries been an important settlement on the southern border of Russia, but is now a popular tourist destination. The city's close proximity to the Black Sea, with its many fine beach resorts, and the Caucasian mountain range to the south makes this region an alluring holiday destination. In Krasnodar city centre, visitors are drawn to Krasnaya Street, the city's main street where you can find many tourist attractions. Amongst Krasnodar's most magnificent monuments is St. Catherine's Cathedral, one of the largest Russian churches. Krasnodar is also the location of one of the only surviving steel hyperboloid towers, designed by Russian scientist and engineer Vladimir Grigorievich Shukhov in 1928. There are also many museums and theatres in Krasnodar that are worth a visit, such as the Fine Arts Museum on Krasnaya Street and the Krasnodar Regional Exhibit Hall. If you're looking for family entertainment, you won't be disappointed in Krasnodar, as the city has plenty of water parks and zoos to amuse the kids. On Stasova Street, the city's Oceanarium "Ocean Park" is home to several thousand fish and marine animals and features a glass tunnel through which to walk. Alternatively, take the family to see the Splash Fountain at Theatre Square, which is considered to be the largest in Europe. Whether you visit Krasnodar for its fascinating cultural entertainment and historic monuments or to enjoy the delights of the surrounding region, the city has plenty of attractions to make this an enjoyable holiday destination.
Getting around Krasnodar
There is a good network of public transport within the city, which includes buses, trolleybuses and trams. You will also find taxis and marshrutkas operating within the city, which are a cross between a minibus and a taxi.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Krasnodar International Airport (KRR) is situated 7 miles (12 km) east of the city. Trolleybuses and buses are available at the airport or you can take a taxi into the city. Several major car hire companies also have desks located at the airport.
Flight deals to Krasnodar
USA departure airports for flights to Krasnodar
Interesting information about Krasnodar
More useful information about Krasnodar
- Pack your bags: the Winter Olympic Games are heading to Sochi in 2014.
- Bus travel is also cheap and links cities and towns around Russia, but is not very comfortable.
- If you take a direct flight to Russia, you will land in the largest country in the world.
- One way flights to Russia will give you access to the country's 100+ ski areas. Among the best are Mount Elbrus.
- After booking a last minute flight to Russia, you’ll arrive in one of the best places to see the ballet.
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines, the national airline, has a comprehensive domestic Russia flight network.
- Moscow and St Petersburg are two of the most popular tourist destinations and are traveled to much of the year.
- Russia is the largest supplier of natural gas and the second largest oil producer in the world.
Other user searches
- Flights Algarve from Riverside
- Flights to Oahu
- Flights deals to Heathrow
- Cheap flights to Toronto from Charlotte
- Rhinelander-Oneida County to Macdonald-Cartier International
- San Francisco to Russia
- Flights to Iraq from Providence
- Flights to Portland
- Charlotte to Orlando
- Tampa to Fort Lauderdale cheap flights