Cheap flights to Greece
Once you cross the Corinth Canal into the southern part of mainland Greece, you’ve reached the Peloponnese Peninsula.
Here, you can visit any number of ancient sites. The area’s natural beauty is staggering with the Taygetos and Parnon mountain ranges dominating the peninsula. When the weather is warm, thousands of Athenians flock to the region’s beaches and seaside resorts. The region is also the most important wine-producing part of Greece.
Highlights of a visit to the peninsula are Patras, a city full of history, culture and entertainment options, and Olympia, which hosted the first Olympic Games.
The Peloponnese has a Mediterranean climate. Highs are usually between 75 F and 87 F from May through October, and 59 F to 68 F from November through April. June to September is the warmest period - usually between 82 F and 88 F - while the air is cooler and rain is typical from December through March.
Best Time to Fly to Greece
July and August are the busiest months on the Peloponnese when visitors come to soak up the sun and warm, dry weather.
December through March is the off season in the Peloponnese, as the weather is cooler and rainier during this time.
Getting around Greece
To get around, visitors can rent a car, take a bus or travel by train (in some areas). You can also take taxis or rent a bike or moped to get around the cities. Ferries run from Peloponnese to some of the Greek islands. The closest airport is Kalamata International Airport.
Greece Travel Information
- See Clytemnestra’s tomb at the ancient ruin of Mycenae. Clytemnestra was ruled by her husband Agamemnon who rushed off to fight the Trojan War when Helen, his brother Menelaus's wife, eloped to Troy. He fought in Troy for 10 years but was killed by Clytemnestra on his return.
- Olympia is the site of the original Olympic Games and the place where the Olympic flame is lit with a parabolic mirror and then carried by hand to the site of the current games.
- Make a visit to Mani to see the battle towers and churches filled with frescoes.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Greece
USA departure airports for flights to Greece
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Greece
- New York (NYC)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Houston (IAH)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Miami (MIA)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Newark (EWR)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- Norfolk (ORF)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Washington (WAS)
- Little Rock (LIT)
- New Orleans (MSY)
More useful information about Greece
- In Athens, you can explore the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Epidaurus amphitheater.
- A popular time to take one way flights to Greece is between June and August when the weather is best.
- When your last minute flight to Greece arrives, you'll be in the country where the Olympic Games were born.
- The beautiful and verdant island Zante or Zakynthos, on the Ionian islands, is another popular vacation destination.
- Many travelers take direct flights to Greece for a tour of Athens or on a honeymoon to Santorini.
- Crete is the largest and most popular of the Greek islands, with two international airports.
- One place worth visiting is the Peloponissos, which has a spectacular landscape of mountains, caves, and volcanoes.
- Greece enjoys long Mediterranean summers, with warm temperatures and about 11 hours of sunshine a day.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to Ethiopia
- New York to Cairo flights
- Flights to South America
- Cheap Homer to Jack McNamara Field. flights
- Flights from Louisville to Nairobi
- Cheap flights to Las Palmas/Gran Canaria
- Cheap flights to Seattle
- Flights to Italy
- Flights to Puerto Rico
- Cheap flights to Hawaii from Anchorage