Cheap flights to Norway
Beyond the Viking ships, past the fishing villages and near the point where the fjords meet the mountains lays the Land of the Midnight Sun. Norway’s stunning natural wonders keep travelers booking Norway flights and discovery trips in an effort to glimpse at the midnight sun and walk along the world’s most magnificent fjords. Norway’s drastic landscape is what lures travelers to explore this European country.
Excursions down the Western Fjords or a stay on one of the sunny beaches are just two options for explorers booking flights to Norway. Take time from voyaging and enjoy the many cultural events that take place in Norway’s capital city and tiny villages. Folk dancing, singing and storytelling are just a few of the country’s artistic talents that keep the culture alive and encourage travelers to book flights to Norway.
Norway is extremely cold in the winter, when temperatures rarely reach over freezing. Expect heavy snow and high winds from December through March. In the summer, it’s very sunny and temperatures can reach 86 F.
Best Time to Fly to Norway
Whether you’re looking for a snowy, scenic winter getaway or a comfortable northern locale for a summer holiday, there’s no bad time to book Norway flights.
Peak Season: Norway flights are full during the summer months. The busiest time of the year to travel to Norway would be in the months of June and August, though Norway flights tend to fill up for May and June as well.
Off-peak Season: Try booking cheap flights to Norway during the transitional seasons of fall and spring: The warming winds of the Gulf Stream make for pleasant, temperate conditions, and Norway flights become more available as the demand for winter sports or summer holidays subsides.
Getting around Norway
Once your flight to Norway touches down, you have several options when it comes to traveling around Norway and getting from Norway to other destinations in Scandinavia and Europe. From port cities like Oslo, Bergen and Stavanger, ferries leave daily for a number of domestic and international destinations, including Kiel, Germany and Copenhagen, Denmark. The largest cities in Norway run on efficient public transportation systems, and Oslo has metro and tram services as well. If you’d rather travel by train instead of booking a domestic Norway flight to get from one city to another, you’ll be riding the rails with Norwegian State Railways (NSB), which can also take you as far as the Swedish cities of Stockholm and Malmö.
From London to Oslo is three hours 15 minutes, to Bergen is three hours 10 minutes and to Stavanger is three hours. From New York to Oslo is 10 hours 45 minutes (including stopover in London).
The following chart gives approximate journey times from Oslo (in hours and minutes) to other major cities and towns in Norway.
Norway Travel Information
- Oslo, Norway’s bright and bustling capital city, is a cultural haven that embraces the old while exploring the new: Here, you’ll find modern architecture alongside buildings housing ancient Viking ships. ,It’s this balance between time honored tradition and creating cutting edge art that has visitors searching for Norway cheap flights to Oslo year-round. To save on transportation and sightseeing costs, pick up an Oslo Pass for the duration of your stay. The pass will grant you free admission to over 30 museums, as well as unlimited rides on Oslo’s public transportation network.
- History buffs should consider booking a cheap flight to Norway through Bergen, the second largest city in the country. Bryggen, the waterfront of Bergen, has been a thriving commercial and cultural center for over 900 years. Bryggen was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site for its charming, traditional wooden houses.
- Check out the fjords when you’re in Norway. The long, steep-sided river-inlets are a Norway favorite and stun visitors with their glacial majesty. Plan a boat tour or hike along the fjords if you’re staying in western Norway. The Nærøyfjord and Geirangerfjord of western Norway are both UNESCO World Heritage Sites. For glacial views, check out the Hardangerfjorden, which is the second longest fjord in Norway after Sognefjord.
- Those booking cheap flights to Norway between the months of December and March may have to brave the winter chill, but the cold is a small price to pay for a visit to the Arctic Circle just past the Svartisen Mountains. It’s during these winter months that the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) are the most breathtaking to behold, and an enchanting view of the sun at midnight in the Arctic Circle is well worth the chilly trip.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Norway
USA departure airports for flights to Norway
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Norway
- New York (NYC)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Houston (IAH)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Boston (BOS)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Denver (DEN)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Newark (EWR)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Portland (PDX)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Austin (AUS)
- Washington (WAS)
- Miami (MIA)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- St Louis (STL)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Milwaukee (MKE)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- San Jose (SJC)
More useful information about Norway
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Flights from Little Rock to Ireland
- Flights to Honduras
- Richmond cheap flight
- New York to Punta Raisi
- Flights North Carolina from St Petersburg
- Cheap flights from Dallas to Costa Rica
- Flights to Michigan from New York
- Flights to Los Angeles
- Flights to Arcata from Napa Valley
- Flights from Phoenix to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International