Cheap flights to Czech Republic
Czech Board a Czech Republic flight and travel back in time. Small Czech villages are landscaped with mountains and hidden spas grace the hills. If you’re achy after your Czech Republic flight, enjoy a steam bath or mud soak before a massage in one of Czech’s ancient hideaways. International Czech Republic flights land in Prague, where visitors can tour historic castles and Gothic structures before dining on some of the best food in Europe.
Whether you’re heading to Prague or taking time to relax in a small Czech village, hop a flight to the Czech Republic for an experience of a lifetime. Belly up to the bar after your flight to the Czech Republic and watch the world go by. The country’s world-famous Pilsners are suitable for any taste and a welcoming way for first time visitors to experience the Czech Republic.
Book a flight to Czech Republic to experience the beautiful architecture and breathtaking literary history that makes this country so unique.
Czech Republic climate
Winters in the Czech Republic are cold and snowy, and temperatures can be as low as -22 F. Summers are the opposite and can get as hot as 90 F.
Best Time to Fly to Czech Republic
Whether you’re in the mood for a brisk, beautiful winter stay or a steamy summer night on the cobblestone streets of Prague, cheap flights to the Czech Republic will lead to adventures in Bohemia year round.
Peak Season: Courtesy of its mountainous borders and hilly terrain, the Czech Republic experiences cold, snowy winters which drive skiers and winter sports enthusiasts to book their Czech Republic cheap flights and hotel accommodations long before the holiday season. With its mild though sunny summers, the Czech Republic is also a premier summer spot for Czech city and country vacations alike.
Off-peak Season: Cheap flights to the Czech Republic are easily found for those looking to travel in the months between the closing of ski season or the last days of Summer. April and October bring about mild temperatures and rainier seasons, but spring and fall also provide a less-frenzied time to visit in the wake of high-tourism seasons.
Getting around Czech Republic
Your Czech Republic cheap flight won’t be the only affordable travel cost on your trip: Czech public transportation is easily accessible and cheap. All airports are accessible by bus or train and Eurolines is a bus company with several routes crossing through the Czech Republic, and other major European capital cities can be easily reached by train on a number of carriers. Trains for travel within the Czech Republic are operated by Czech Railways, and provide connections from Prague Ruzyne Airport to the city center.
The following chart gives approximate journey times fromPrague
(in hours and minutes) to other major cities and towns in Czech Republic.
Czech Republic Travel Information
- Prague, the capital city of the Czech Republic, is an illustrious city famous for the spires of its Gothic architecture and its Bohemian appreciation for the fine arts. Your flight to the Czech Republic will most likely touch down here and there are plenty of Prague hotels to choose from. Be sure to spend time perusing the city’s cobblestone alleys, art galleries and bookstores for inspiration. Prague is one of the nightlife capitals of Europe with a vast array of nightclubs and bars, so if you’re tired from a day full of sight-seeing, take a break and sip some absinthe while soaking in the energy of Prague’s eclectic nightlife.
- Craving a hearty dose of fresh air after your flight to the Czech Republic lands? The Czech Republic is almost entirely guarded by mountain ranges, as hilly terrain makes up the Czech Republic’s borders with neighboring countries. Protected national parks and UNESCO Global Biosphere Reservations are plentiful throughout the country, with orchid fields in the White Carpathians and thick-bedded sandstone structures in the rock town of Český ráj (“Bohemian Paradise”) and České Švýcarsko.
- It’s not likely the flight attendants on your flight to the Czech Republic were doling out servings of absinthe, but seeing revelers imbibe in the famously green, potent liquor at bars throughout Bohemia isn’t uncommon. Absinthe, casually known as “the Green Fairy” for its unusual tint, was a popular favorite with Bohemians and artists even after the substance was banned in several countries for its high levels of thujone, a chemical found in wormwood, absinthe’s primary ingredient. Absinthe is a popular commodity for travelers to bring home from the Czech Republic, so read up on your country’s regulations when it comes to packing “the Green Fairy” away in your luggage. The United States Food and Drug Administration requires that all liquors classifiable as absinthe be thujone-free, so a quick look at the bottle’s label may prevent you from handing over your Czech absinthe at customs when boarding your flight home.
- If you’re looking for a Czech travel experience that extends outside Prague, cheap flights to the Czech Republic may also be booked for Karlsbad (where you'll find plenty of Karlsbad hotels catering to tourists) or Brno. Brno is the capital of the southern region of Moravia, the second largest city in the Czech Republic, and there are Brno hotels for any budget. The Tugendhat Villa is one of Brno’s prime attractions and draws crowds of visitors to admire the building’s modernist, minimalist architecture, while Špilberk Castle provides a welcome contrast as an impressive 13th century stronghold that currently acts as the seat of the Brno City Museum. Brno also boasts the Brno International Music Festival, which presents several programs throughout the year.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Czech Republic
USA departure airports for flights to Czech Republic
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Czech Republic
- New York (NYC)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Miami (MIA)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Durham (RDU)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Key West (EYW)
- Greenville (GSP)
- Oakland (OAK)
- San Francisco (SFO)
More useful information about Czech Republic
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.