Cheap flights to Nashville, Tennessee (TN)
Best Time to Fly to Nashville
The summer months are packed full of Nashville travelers. From June through September, the streets are full, the hotels are booked and the city is in full swing. This means that Nashville flights and hotel accommodations for summer travel need to be booked in advance or you're likely to pay higher prices.
Winter is low tourist season in Nashville, when the cold creeps in and the city stays indoors. If you don't mind the chilly weather, it's possible to find cheap flights to Nashville during the winter months.
No matter what the reason is for visiting Tennessee’s capital city, travelers booking flights to Nashville will leave whistling the tunes of mountain music. Home to the Grand Ole Opry and the birthplace of gospel music, Nashville continues to croon country sounds from the top of the charts. Whether you’re heading to Nashville for a tour of Music City USA, or you’re an aspiring country artist hoping to break into the industry, a trip to Nashville is your ticket to the big time.
While in Nashville, take a break from banjos and enjoy a bit of the city’s other attractions. Nashville is populated with world-class museums, major-league sports teams, fine dining, and a hot after-hours scene. If all the entertainment is too much, rest and relax in one of the city’s open parks. Whatever your reasons for booking flights to Nashville, there’s much to do and see in the capital of country.
Nashville has a moderate climate without major extremes of temperature characterizing its distinct seasons. An ample annual rainfall keeps things green and clean, but there are enough sunny days in between to keep everyone happy. Summers can be very humid, which pushes up the discomfort index even if temperatures do not hit major highs.
Getting around Nashville
Between the buses and trolleys running through the streets of Nashville, you won’t have trouble getting around without a car. Buses run by the Metropolitan Transit Authority rumble over the streets from 5:30am to midnight every day. The Music Valley Express, bus 34, will take you to Opryland from downtown. Catch the express every 40 minutes between 8:15am and 6:15pm. The Lunch Line is a free trolley route that runs on a loop through the city between Second Broadway and Sixth Avenue. Sightseers might want to catch the trolley leaving the Frist Arts Center on Broadway at noon and 2pm. A two-hour tour will take you around the city’s main attractions. There are also several taxi and car rental companies working in the city, but you really only need a car if you’re getting out of town.
Nashville Travel Information
- Don't leave Nashville without a bit of religion...cowboy style. Take in a Sunday morning church service at the Cowboy Church at the Texas Troubadour Theater in Nashville.
- Venture about an hour outside of Nashville and stop off at Loretta Lynn's Ranch and Family Campground. Tour the plantation home and the new Coal Miner's Daughter Museum, both of which are located on the 3,500-acre farm.
- You can't visit Nashville without taking in a little bit of country music. Start at the legendary Gruhn Guitars shop, the most famous guitar shop in Nashville. Then head over to Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, where country music plays all day long.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Nashville
USA departure airports for flights to Nashville
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Nashville
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Houston (IAH)
- Boston (BOS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Newark (EWR)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Denver (DEN)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Washington (WAS)
- Austin (AUS)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Milwaukee (MKE)
- Richmond (RIC)
Interesting information about Nashville
More useful information about Nashville
- Country music fan? This genre's Hall of Fame is located in Nashville.
- Vanderbilt University, one of the country's top colleges, has its home within the city limits.
- Check out the Sunday morning church service at the Cowboy Church at the Texas Troubadour Theater.
- Since Nashville is known for its music scene, make sure you stop by the Ernest Tubb Record Shop.
- See up and coming music stars at the Bluebird Café.
- While you are there, get a history lesson at the Tennessee State Museum.
- A last minute flight to Nashville will land you in the Music City for some of the best live music in the country.
- Deals on one way flights to Nashville can be found if you are flexible with your departure date.
- Take direct flights to Nashville to see the Grand Ole Opry Museum and the Belle Meade Plantation.
- If you are looking for good eats, reserve a table at the Old Hickory Steakhouse.