Cheap flights to New York, New York State (NY)
There is no shortage of things to do when you book a flight to New York City. Considered by many to be a mecca of culture and prosperity, New York offers everything a visitor could want from Tony-award winning musicals to the best in fine dining and entertainment.
Stepping off your plane surrounds you in a hotbed for culture and couture. It’s easy to spend a fortune in New York so thankfully cheap flights to New York are easy to come by. Shop till you drop on New York’s famed Park Avenue or 5th Avenue, home of Saks Fifth Avenue department store and some of the country's premier designer shops. If you're in New York during the holiday season make sure to walk by Macy’s Herald Square and enjoy the famous store-front windows that depict a new holiday scene each year. Take a stroll through Greenwich Village where you’ll find artists’ studios and schools. The neighboring village of SoHo (South of Houston Street) is a fashionista’s dream. Boutiques line the streets offering tourists everything from one-of-a-kind jewelry and clothes to warehouse stores stocked with Manolo Blahniks and Jimmy Choo’s. For many business travelers, trips to New York also mean long hours on Wall Street. After a long night at the office, take a turn to Tribeca and enjoy some of the best restaurants New York has to offer. Academy Award winner Robert De Niro, along with Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff, founded the Tribeca Film Festival as a means to revive the economic and cultural stance of Lower Manhattan after the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. The famous film festival takes place every spring so if your flight falls during this period, make sure to keep your eyes open for Hollywood’s biggest hotshots.
Book a window seat on your flight so you’ll have a perfect view of the Statue of Liberty or the Manhattan skyline. From the air you can see the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, and many of Manhattan’s financial district buildings, including Trump Tower and the New York Stock Exchange. Flying over the Statue of Liberty is one thing, but after your plane ride to New York, hail a cab and head downtown where you can board a ferry to see Lady Liberty up close. New York is a hotbed of history and culture.
New York climate
Depending on the time of year you visit, cheap plane tickets to New York are plentiful. The more expensive time to fly to New York is during the spring and fall seasons, when temperatures hit an average of 80 degrees during the day and drop to the low 60s at night. New York can get quite humid during the summer months and the winters are cold and snowy.
New York Travel Information
- Central Park is a must visit on any stop in town. Go to the zoo, watch or play sport, go swimming or watch a performance at the open-air theatre in the summer months.
- Shopping in New York is, of course, world-renowned. Book cheap flights to New York so you have plenty of money saved for your shopping excursions. You can spend money everywhere from the biggest department stores in the world to tiny boutiques. You’ll find many street vendors in New York, but buyer beware: the goods you purchase off the street are not the real thing. You’ll pay for what you get – if it’s cheap to buy it’s cheap to wear.
- If you want to catch a show on Broadway have a look at the listings in the New York Times on Friday or Sunday to find out what’s on where or have a look online at the official Web site for Broadway, www.livebroadway.com. You can get same-day tickets for shows at discounted prices from TKTS in Times Square and the South Street Seaport.
- Greenwich Village still has a name for being the arty and bohemian district, however, its popularity has led to such an increase in rents that it is now one of the most expensive parts of Manhattan. For a taste of where the artists and students really live, step inside the cafes, craft shops and vegetarian restaurants in the recently gentrified East Village.
- For more happenings in New York City, visit www.nycgo.com
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to New York
New York (JFK)
New York (JFK)
New York (LGA)
New York (JFK)
USA departure airports for flights to New York
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to New York
- Chicago (CHI)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Miami (MIA)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Tampa (TPA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Denver (DEN)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Austin (AUS)
- Boston (BOS)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- St Louis (STL)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
This is useful information about New York
More useful information about New York
- Some people say New York pizza is the best. The first NYC pizzeria opened in 1895.
- New York Yellow Cabs got their color because a study proved that yellow is the easiest for the eye to spot.
- Take the ferry out to see The Statue of Liberty up close. She is as tall as a 22 story building.
- Times Square, Central Park, and the Empire State Building are three things you must see in NYC.
- Many direct flights to New York land at JFK or LaGuardia airports.
- Find a last minute flight to New York and enjoy the city for a weekend getaway.
- Getting around the city is easy any time of day. The New York Subway runs 24/7 on 722 miles of track.
- Passengers on flights to NYC know that after they land, they will have many world class cuisine options.
- Check out a Broadway show. You can find discounts on day-of-performance tickets at select booths.
- If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere after arriving from your one way flight to New York.