Cheap flights to Seattle, Washington State (WA)
Best Time to Fly to Seattle
It rains a lot in Seattle but there is much less rain from April to October, and because the summer weather is mild, any time during this half of the year is pleasant. Summer is the most popular time and when most people visit Seattle. It stays light until 10pm in June and July. Summer is when the big, primarily outdoor festivals are held. During the occasional summer rain, there is nearly always something to see in the theaters and performance halls. Higher rates tend to be from around mid-May to mid-September.
The rainy season goes from October to April. The most pleasant weather in more-or-less off-season times occurs in early May and late September, making this a great time to find cheap plane tickets.
Seattle is famous for coffee, and there’s certainly evidence of the residents’ love for it - check out the “original Starbucks” (which has moved but still has its original vintage look) next to Pike Place Market as well as the abundance of independent coffee shops and roasters making their mark on the city. But there’s more to Seattle than coffee. Pike Place Market itself, with its fruit, fish, cheese and flower sellers, is a feast for the senses. And artistic creativity abounds. The iconic Space Needle has great 360-degree city views, while the Olympic Sculpture Park is nine acres of first-class sculpture. Downtown the harbor is great for a stroll and there’s the Seattle Aquarium and Seattle Great Wheel there too to check out. Do not miss out on seeing the beautiful Puget Sound. Hop on a cruise for whale watching or head out to Bainbridge Island for a day trip. Ferry boats, a convenient way to travel and experience Seattle’s natural beauty, connect the numerous islands and shores throughout the waterways of Elliott Bay. Stay on dry land and walk through Seattle’s dozens of parks and enjoy the sight of sailboats roaming through the bay. Go shopping in landmark districts or attend one of the many festivals held year round in Seattle. When you feel like taking a trip that combines both natural beauty and urban activities, Seattle is undeniably the place for you.
Getting around Seattle
The Metro Transit system of buses, including electric and hybrid buses, is useful and tourist-friendly, though drivers do not carry change. Express routes are offered by some buses. Other options include the streetcar and the monorail, connecting with major attractions. The Washington State Ferries are a tourist attraction in their own right.
Seattle is generally safe, though common sense should be applied at all times and it can be best to avoid parks at night.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Seattle
USA departure airports for flights to Seattle
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Seattle
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (NYC)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Houston (IAH)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Boston (BOS)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Austin (AUS)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Washington (WAS)
- Anchorage (ANC)
- Tampa (TPA)
- St Louis (STL)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Newark (EWR)
- Fresno (FAT)
- Boise (BOI)
- Cleveland (CLE)
Interesting information about Seattle
More useful information about Seattle
- The Woodland Park Zoo has over 1000 animals on display. Be sure to check out the elephant forest and wild cat exhibits.
- Food lovers should try the Savor Seattle Food Tour. Travel across the city trying food along the way.
- Cheap flights to Seattle can be cheap if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Hop on a ferry and take a ride down to the Puget Sound where you could spot dolphins and whales.
- See a great view of Seattle by going to the top of the Space Needle.
- Book a last minute cheap flight to Seattle to see the Aquarium, Pike Place Market, and the Art Museum.
- Get up close and personal with planes of all different shapes and sizes at the Museum of Flight.
- Coffee aficionados should find a cheap flight to Seattle and visit the original Starbucks.
- Alaska Airlines offers convenient flights to Seattle.
- Seattle is home to two famous stadiums, Safeco Field and Qwest Field, which house the Mariners and Seahawks.