Cheap flights to Mumbai, India
Who books flights to Mumbai? The aspiring actor clamoring for a chance to star in a Bollywood film. The freshman fashion designer looking for new techniques and textures for an upcoming runway debut. Irreverent teens landing cheap flights to Mumbai for a taste of India’s best nightlife. Whatever the reason for making Mumbai flights and travel plans, you’re sure to find delight (and a little bit of drama) in this majestic Indian city.
Book a cheap flight to Mumbai (formerly Bombay) to see India’s land of enchantment, which dates back several centuries. Before the British took over in 1662, Mumbai was a cluster of seven islands inhabiting several cultures. Today, its seven islands remain a melting pot of cultures. Mumbai’s landscape is reminiscent of 19th- century England set along the Arabian Sea. Mansions, castles and Victorian homes line the smog-filled city recently modernized by “oxygen bars” and glitzy restaurants. If you’ve never been to India, book a cheap flight to Mumbai and experience a small taste of India’s history tied in with modern-day decadence.
It’s not all Slumdog Millionaire – book a flight to Mumbai and see for yourself.
Mumbai Travel Information
- Don’t be confused if you see a bunch of business suits on your flight to Mumbai: As the commercial capital of India, Mumbai plays host to the headquarters of several of India’s most important companies and handles one third of India’s total international trade.
- Looking for some pre-flight entertainment of your own before you board your flight to Mumbai? Rent a Bollywood film: Bollywood, the unofficial name for the Hindi-language film industry, is based in Mumbai. Bollywood films have received international acclaim for their multimillion-dollar productions, so check out popular titles like “A Wednesday” and “Mumbai Meri Jaan” before heading to India’s own version of Tinseltown.
- Visit Chowpatty Beach for a seaside experience that has nothing to do with typical beach adventures. The sandy strip appears to be ideal for standard beach-going activities, but Chowpatty is really a waterfront carnival. Locals and visitors alike frequent the beach for its fast food and nighttime entertainment, and the exuberant atmosphere provides for an excellent last night out before your return Mumbai flight.
- History buffs heading to Mumbai shouldn’t miss a visit to Colaba, where the Gateway of India resides. The Gateway of India was built to honor the visit to Mumbai of King George V and Queen Mary in 1911, and this splendid structure today provides countless photo-ops and spectacular views of the port of Mumbai.
- If you’re looking to fill your carry-on with souvenirs before your return Mumbai flight, the Crawford Market, also known as the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Market, is an excellent stop for the shopping savvy. The Crawford Market is an overwhelming, vivid display of fruits, vegetables, textiles and antiques. Buyer beware: the “antique” knick-knacks you’re shopping for may be knockoffs. Also, be aware of your surroundings as the stalls of the Crawdord Market, especially in the Chor Bazaar, are prime territory for pickpockets.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Mumbai
USA departure airports for flights to Mumbai
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Mumbai
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Houston (IAH)
- Newark (EWR)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Boston (BOS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Denver (DEN)
- Washington (WAS)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Miami (MIA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- St Louis (STL)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Omaha (OMA)
Interesting information about Mumbai
More useful information about Mumbai
- Take a direct flight to Mumbai if you want to get a true Bollywood experience.
- Looking to move to India? Consider taking a one way flight to Mumbai.
- In January, Mumbai celebrates Banganga Festival, which is a two day traditional musical festival.
- Mumbai is rich in history. Be sure to visit the Gateway of India and Crawford Market.
- If you’re looking for some entertainment, be sure to visit the waterfront carnival at Chowpatty Beach.
- Fashionistas should stop off at the high end boutiques in Mumbai to see the latest in Indian fashion.
- Have a business meeting in Mumbai? A last minute flight can get you to your meeting just in time.
- Brabourne Stadium is a must see destination if you like to catch Cricket games.