Burgas is the fourth largest city in Bulgaria and is situated on the westernmost point of the Black Sea coast. With a vibrant history and numerous sites of interest, the city is a bustling tourist center whilst also serving as a gateway to other popular destinations such as Nesebar and Sozopol. Known for its various lakes and parks, the city is a great choice for those who enjoy exploring well kept gardens and natural beauty at their own leisure. Spanning over 5km, the Sea garden is perhaps the most popular park to visit - complete with beautiful water features, exotic plants and interesting statues and busts commemorating notable city heroes. The Summer Theater is also located here and serves as a focal point for outdoor entertainment for locals and tourists alike during the warmer months. The Black Sea coast offers countless opportunities for romantic strolls from sunrise to sunset. A favourite spot for all those who venture down to the coast is the Burgas Pier. Jetting out 1000 feet into the sea this bridge is ideal for a relaxing walk of a morning or evening. For those wishing to explore the city's historic gems, simply plan a visit to one of the many museums or galleries; such as the Regional Historical Museum, Ethnographic Museum, or the Archaeological Museum.
Best Time to Fly to Burgas
Famous for its golden sands and cool blue seas, Burgas is a popular tourist spot during the summer months of July and August. This is also the time when the city comes alive with festivals and celebrations, such as the internationally renowned music festival Spirit of Burgas. With Sub Focus, Pendulum and System of a Down counting amongst just some of the previous headline acts, the festival is definitely something to consider if you're a music lover.
Getting around Burgas
From rent-a-bike to taxis, public buses to good old fashioned walking - whatever your itinerary has in store, go about your sightseeing simply and cost effectively by planning the right form of transport. If your holiday includes causal walking tours or city center activities then your own two feet will be as good as any other form of transport - and probably lead to you discovering some hidden gems along the way! For those wanting to explore further afield, the rent-a-bike system is an easy, eco-friendly way of making the most out of the 20 kilometre cycle trails in Burgas.
Flight deals to Burgas
USA departure airports for flights to Burgas
This is useful information about Burgas
More useful information about Burgas
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.