Best Time to Fly to Orlando
Orlando’s theme parks are popular year round, regardless of the weather. But like any hot tourist destination, there are high and low travel times.
Peak Season: More than the weather, school vacations determine Orlando’s peak seasons. The busiest times are Christmas, March spring break, Easter week, and mid-June to mid-August. Book Orlando flights and resort accommodations early if you're traveling during peak season. Airfare prices for Orlando flights and hotels are higher and the city itself is more crowded.
Off Season: The best time to find a cheap airline tickets to Orlando is late May or early June (excluding Memorial Day weekend), as soon as the school year ends; late August, if you must go in summer; or Thanksgiving, which is not as busy as other holidays. There are fewer tourists at the parks from early September until just before Thanksgiving, as well as in early February and early May.
Why you should take a flight to Orlando
Because the magic of Disney World and other theme parks, like Universal Studios and SeaWorld, are often considered the essence of the city, Orlando trips get associated with all children, all the time. However, flights are also filled with plenty of adults who come to experience Orlando's restaurants, nightclubs and trendy downtown scene. As the city grows in prominence, even more travelers are booking Orlando airfare to enjoy the culture of this urban escape.
A mouse, a duck, one goofy dog, a couple princesses, some fish, a Mermaid, a handful of pirates and a few Prince Charmings call Orlando home. And those are just the characters you’ll meet on the street! Start at the Magic Kingdom and walk down Main Street and you never know who you'll run into.
Careful when booking – the city sees some steep tourist seasons. Orlando flights and hotels are usually jacked up, and it’s essential to book months in advance. Step off your plane and enter a world of make-believe, magic and dreams come true. Cheap plane tickets to Orlando will leave you rich with memories.
Flight deals to Orlando
USA departure airports for flights to Orlando
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Orlando
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Houston (IAH)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Newark (EWR)
- Detroit (DTT)
- St Louis (STL)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Washington (WAS)
- Denver (DEN)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Richmond (RIC)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Buffalo (BUF)
Useful information about Orlando
More useful information about Orlando
- Get last minute flights to Orlando and take a trip that the whole family can enjoy.
- The city is really the country's largest playground for both kids and adults.
- Disney World flights can use either Orlando International airport as well as Daytona Beach airport.
- Book a one way flight to Orlando with an open departure date for the most inexpensive ticket.
- Orlando is the corporate headquarters of Darden Restaurants, which includes Red Lobster and Olive Garden.
- Tremendous deals on direct flights to Orlando can be had if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Orlando can be a great getaway and a cure for the winter blues.
- Before the city was given its current name, Orlando was known as Jernigan.
- The biggest reason to visit Orlando is to see the many amusement parks and attractions.
- Flights to Orlando can be cheap if you fly between late May and early June.