Cheap flights to Serbia
When the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia became the new nation of Serbia and Montenegro, the countries experience a surge in economic upheaval and intense political change. Still slightly at unease, Serbia is today one of Europe’s most culturally-diverse countries. Landlocked between Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Croatia and Bosnia, travelers booking flights to Serbia have endless options for exploring the surrounding countries. Serbia’s ancient capital city of Belgrade offers visitors a unique cultural experience coupled with a vibrant nightlife and street scene. Today, Serbia is best known as home to the province Kosovo, the United Nations hotspot. However, this province is not the civil Mecca one might expect. While travel is not advised in Kosovo, the tourism industry in Serbia is slowly recovering and there’s much to do and see throughout other regions of the country.
Travelers booking flights to Serbia will quickly fall in love with the landscape, including the eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Serbia is surrounded by vast mountains and plateaus, flanked by national parks that offer some of the best skiing in Europe, and features some of the nicest spa resorts in Europe. The Serbian monasteries are some of the oldest and most protected in the world and Serbia’s Djerdap National Park is one of Europe’s most spectacular sites. Serbia gets cold in the winter months, but if you can handle the temperatures cheap flights to Serbia and cozy ski resorts idea for all level skiers await in various Serbian villages.
Serbia has cold winters and hot, humid summers, making the warm months from May to September the best and least crowded time to visit. Winter temperatures can drop extremely low, and the summer sees frequent rain showers. Summers in Montenegro can reach temperatures of 86 F along the coast. The mountains stay at a cooler 70 F. It can get very cold in the winter, reaching below freezing in the mountains.
Best Time to Fly to Serbia
The high tourist season in Serbia runs from May until September, but Serbia is rarely congested with crowds. The summer months see consistent rain fall so if you're planning a trip to Serbia during this time, plan ahead with rain gear.
The winters are cold in Serbia, but this is also a great time for skiers to find cheap flights to Serbia and inexpensive ski vacations in some of Serbia's more remote villages.
Getting around Serbia
Serbia's bus system is the best way to travel in Kosovo and to Novi Pazar.
There are trains throughout the country connecting various provinces from Belgrade and rental cars are available at Belgrade airport and in the major cities.
Serbia Travel Information
- Serbia experiences some politic unrest and it's best to check with your consulate before planning a trip to Serbia.
- Serbia's monasteries include UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The Decani monastery is the largest construction in medieval Serbia and is best know for its 14th century paintings; The Studenica Monastery was the residence of Stefan Nemanja, the founder of the Nemanjic Dynasty, and the most prominent and revered monastery of Serbia; the Gracanica Monastery features frescos painted by Greek painters Mihailo and Evtihije.
- The railways in Serbia are some of the most narrow and most well-preserved railways in the world. Take a day trip and witness the popular "Šargan Eight" -- the 300 metre ascent that forms a figure eight and provides magnificent views of the three Serbian mountains – Tara, Zlatibor and Šargan.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Serbia
USA departure airports for flights to Serbia
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Serbia
More useful information about Serbia
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.