Santorini is as perfect in person as it is in the pictures. Located 125 miles southeast of mainland Greece, flights to Santorini are easy and quick, offering travelers optimal time on the exquisite island. If the white-washed houses don’t take your breath away, the red sand beaches are sure to leave you speechless.
While Santorini promotes its share of luxury, the island is also true to its roots. The food in Santorini is mostly made of the island’s agricultural products and the rich soil is a secret ingredient to the area’s notable wines. After you’ve wined and dined, take some time to explore the island. The museums tell the history of Santorini and the nightlife is famous around the world. Enjoy breakfast on the balcony of your Santorini hotel room overlooking the beaches before hitting the town for a day of shopping. From archaeological sites to days at the beach, there’s something for everyone on the island of Santorini.
Santorini Travel Information
- Santorini is a hot-spot during the summer months. If you want a relaxing vacation, avoid flights to Santorini during July and August. The island is bursting at the seams with visitors and it's nearly impossible to move through the streets. For a quieter Santorini vacation, visit the island in the spring and fall months. You're likely to find Santorini hotels marked down half-price during that time of year.
- The beaches are breathtaking. Don't miss a trip to "Red Beach". As the name suggests, the beach's red sand is the focal point. It's an unbelieveable sight -- the red volcanic rocks serve as the backdrop to the red sand that flows out into the blue Agean Sea. The combined colors are like nothing you've ever seen before.
- Wine loves should take a tour of The Wine Museum. The Volcan Wines winery hosts this museum, where visitors can get an in-depth look at Santorini wine production from the past few centuries. You might enjoy a wine tasting or two while you're there.
Flight deals to Santorini
USA departure airports for flights to Santorini
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Santorini
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (NYC)
- Newark (EWR)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Boston (BOS)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Chicago (CHI)
- St Louis (STL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Portland (PDX)
- Omaha (OMA)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Louisville (SDF)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Miami (MIA)
- San Jose (SJC)
More useful information about Santorini
- In Athens, you can explore the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Epidaurus amphitheater.
- A popular time to take one way flights to Greece is between June and August when the weather is best.
- When your last minute flight to Greece arrives, you'll be in the country where the Olympic Games were born.
- The beautiful and verdant island Zante or Zakynthos, on the Ionian islands, is another popular vacation destination.
- Many travelers take direct flights to Greece for a tour of Athens or on a honeymoon to Santorini.
- Crete is the largest and most popular of the Greek islands, with two international airports.
- One place worth visiting is the Peloponissos, which has a spectacular landscape of mountains, caves, and volcanoes.
- Greece enjoys long Mediterranean summers, with warm temperatures and about 11 hours of sunshine a day.