Best Time to Fly to St Lucia
The best time to visit St. Lucia is between November and May. The ARC – Atlantic Rally for Cruisers, a major yacht event in November and the Jazz Festival takes place on Pigeon Island in May. The Carnival takes place in July. Travelers considering flights to Saint Lucia during this time must do so months in advance to get good rates, and hotels and destination spots book up fast.
Hurricane season is June through November. While this might be a good time to find cheap flights to Saint Lucia, it's also likely that rain will be prevalent during the trip.
Travelers book flights to St. Lucia for a relaxing getaway on the volcanic island. Second only to bananas, tourism is the single most important revenue generator for St. Lucia. Situated in the Caribbean -- north of the islands of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, northwest of Barbados and south of Martinique – St. Lucia remains a top spot for vacationers all year-round.
Thanks to its location in the Caribbean, vacationers booking St Lucia flights and hotel accommodations are welcomed on the island by ideal weather and breathtaking scenery. Rainforests, volcanic mountains, and pristine beaches are all within eye sight from many of the St. Lucia resorts. Combine all of the St. Lucia sites with the 150,000 friendly St. Lucia citizens, and you’ll be booking a St. Lucia flight again for next year.
St Lucia climate
St Lucia is tropical and lovely all year long. Temperatures average 80 F and mild trade winds keep the humidity at a comfortable level. December and January are the coolest months, while June through August are the hottest. The hurricane season lasts from June to November. January to April is the dry season while the rainy season lasts from May to August.
Getting around St Lucia
St. Lucia has two airports: Hewanorra International Airport at Vieux Fort and Vigie Airport near Castries. It is possible to travel between the airports by helicopter with St. Lucia Helicopters (also an option for seeing the island).
The minivan bus service is how the St Lucians get around. They run regularly and are a reasonable way of getting around the island.
Taxis are plentiful. Negotiate the fare before departing.
St Lucia Travel Information
- Don’t miss the drive-in volcano, Mount Soufriere. It is said to be the only drive-in volcano in the world.
- Pigeon Island is a national park on a 40-acre islet linked by a causeway to the west coast of St Lucia. It has several military sites (barracks and garrisons) built by the British as they fought the French for control of St Lucia.
- Bathe like a French soldier: when the French “owned” St Lucia, King Louis XVI had bathhouses built for his men at Diamond Falls. The mineral-rich falls were believed to have therapeutic properties. A dip under the falls is still popular. And the ever-changing colors – the water turns yellow, then black then green then grey – come from sulfuric deposits over many years.
- The Pitons can be climbed in about two hours. Bathe in the nearby Sulphur Springs, a mineral-rich river. Afterwards, have a local beer of the same name.
- La Tille waterfall, set in a ten-acre natural garden, is less well-known than Diamond Falls, but beautiful.
- Leatherback turtles crawl onto the beach at Grande Anse in the north of the island to lay their eggs, between mid-March and the end of July.
- Take a hike through the rainforest. The Barre de l'lsle Trail splits the island in two and takes about three hours to hike.
Flight deals to St Lucia
St Lucia (UVF)
St Lucia (UVF)
St Lucia (UVF)
St Lucia (UVF)
USA departure airports for flights to St Lucia
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to St Lucia
- New York (NYC)
- Houston (IAH)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Boston (BOS)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Austin (AUS)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Miami (MIA)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Denver (DEN)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Newark (EWR)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Orlando (MCO)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Hartford (BDL)
More useful information about St Lucia
- The offical language of the Carribean island is English, but many speak a French-based Creole.
- Second only to bananas, tourism is the single most important revenue generator for the island.
- When researching flights, you'll also find many options for all-inclusive vacations.
- Be warned. The hurricane season for the island lasts from June to November.
- After your one way flight to St Lucia, bathe in the nearby Sulphur Springs - a mineral-rich river.
- Most cheap flights to St Lucia arrive at Hewanorra International Airport (UVF).
- La Tille waterfall, set in a ten-acre natural garden is less well-known than Diamond Falls, but beautiful.
- Direct flights to St Lucia will land you on an island with ideal weather and breathtaking scenery.
- The best time for your last minute flight to St Lucia is between November and May.
- Said to be the only drive-in volcano in the world, Mount Soufriere is a must see.