Cheap flights to Nebraska (NE), USA
Brush up on your vegetation skills before your flight to Nebraska. It’s no secret that agriculture is the backbone of this state – they don’t call the people in Nebraska “cornhuskers” for nothing. But, travelers booking flights to Nebraska will have more to do than chuck corn during their visit.
Book a flight to Nebraska and you're likely to get up close and personal with cattle and wildlife. Eight state parks are common ground to millions of travelers on Nebraska flights every year. Be careful on the hiking trails – bison, eagles, and antelope are common trail-goers.
Don’t worry if corn doesn’t fuel your taste buds – Nebraska has more to offer than hungry traveler than just variations of its plentiful agriculture. Sit down to a Spam (canned meat) dinner, which was first in Nebraska and wash it back with Kool-Aid, invented in Nebraska in 1927. Book a flight to Nebraska for a chance to sample all these tasty treats.
Find flights to Nebraska
A typical Great Plains state, Nebraska has four seasons, complete with thunderstorms, droughts, blizzards, hailstorms, tornadoes, and occasional floods.Summers are hot and humid and July’s average temperatures are in the mid-80s (Fahrenheit), but this is also when most travelers book airline tickets to Nebraska. Winters are cold and harsh with an average January temperature of 23 degrees. Snowfall varies from about 21 inches in the southeast to about 45 inches in the northwest corner. Spring and fall are milder.Nebraska is in the tornado alley, and May and June are the peak months in the tornado season.
Best Time to Fly to Nebraska
Labor Day through Memorial Day is the peak season, but it does not get overly crowded and Nebraska flights and hotel prices are not as high as you would normally see in a peak season.
Omaha is particularly busy in June when the college baseball World Series comes to town. Lincoln is especially busy on football weekends.
Fall is another popular season with a number of fairs and harvest festivals.
The winter weather and difficult driving make this the low season and cheap plane tickets to Nebraska are commonly found. The spring weather, however, tends to be pleasant and you can find places where peak-season airfare prices are not yet in effect.
Nebraska Travel Information
- Fans of the show Little House on the Prairie will love the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer. It has an extensive collection of historical artifacts from the days of prairie life and offers blacksmithing and tinsmithing classes.
- Bird-lovers can’t miss the Rowe Sanctuary where visitors can view the migration of 500,000 sandhill cranes from observation blinds on the banks of the Platte River.
- Anyone who owns a quilt knows that it’s more than just a blanket. To some it’s an heirloom to others it’s a piece of history. Visit the International Quilt Study Center where you’ll find a fascinating collection of 2,000 quilts from 14 different countries.
- If you admire Art Deco architecture then head to Omaha. The city is home to some fine examples of the popular design movement: the Durham Western Heritage Museum and the Joslyn Art Museum. The former is the restored Union Station and provides an extensive look into Omaha’s history. The latter has an impressive collection of 19th and 20th century art from Europe and America.For more insider information visit the Omaha visitor's bureau at www.visitomaha.org
- Always wanted to explore a rainforest but couldn’t make it to Brazil? Then book flights to Nebraska and head to the Lied Jungle at the Henry Doorly Zoo - home to the world’s largest indoor rainforest. You can follow the footpaths to waterfalls, ponds and vegetation where exotic animals roam free; it’s almost as good as being in the Amazon.
- Go back in time and experience what life on a ranch was like at the Arthur Bowring Sandhills State Historical Park. It’s the last living history ranch in Nebraska and has been kept exactly the way it used to be in the 1800’s. There’s also a museum on the grounds with displays of the owners’ personal belongings and artifacts that were used on the ranch.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Nebraska
USA departure airports for flights to Nebraska
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Nebraska
- New York (NYC)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Portland (PDX)
- Denver (DEN)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Houston (IAH)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Boston (BOS)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Fresno (FAT)
- San Jose (SJC)
- San Antonio (SAT)