Cheap flights to Sochi, Russia
Sochi is an excellent choice for a holiday which is off the beaten path and filled with history and a good dose of mystery. This pristine city is located on the Black Sea in southern Russia and is a premier tourist destination, thanks to its warm sub-tropical weather and its status as a coastal resort. Popular with celebrities and locals alike, the city offers natural beauty, excellent accommodations options, from luxury to budget hotels, and great cultural activities. Sochi's numerous attractions and landmarks make it one of Russia's most visited cities.
Whether you choose to relax on one of the many beaches or take in some culture and history at a museum you will find plenty to do in this dynamic city. If you need to keep the whole family entertained, the city boasts two aquariums, a zoo and a monkey nursery as well as the strikingly beautiful Sochi National Park where you can stand atop Mount Akhun and experience a different view of the city. Visiting the Byzantine ruins is a great day trip for history enthusiasts and Stalin's old summer home may inspire you to learn more about the country's Soviet past. It is rumoured that his ghost still haunts the hallways. The Agura Waterfalls and Dendrary Botanical Garden offers delights for nature lovers.
Best Time to Fly to Sochi
As Russian cities go, Sochi has a warm, sunny climate with humid, sub-tropical weather during the summer which generally lasts about six months from May to October. The coldest months are January and February and the average temperature is around 50 degrees (Fahrenheit). Temperatures drop below freezing for one or two days each winter. The warmest months are July and August and temperatures run from 77 to 84 degrees, making this a good time for a holiday in Sochi.
Winter is the low season in the area and during these months (December to February) airfares and accommodations are likely to be slightly cheaper than during the rest of the year. The summer season is extended in the city and lasts a full six months of the year, and these months are, generally, a lot more expensive than the colder months. Some travel agents offer autumn and spring specials so it is possible to get good deals for a short time during these months.
Getting around Sochi
Airport shuttle bus or taxis are a good way to get around once you land and local city buses and taxis are a good way to see the sights in the city. Private rental cars are also an excellent option.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Sochi
USA departure airports for flights to Sochi
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Sochi
- New York (NYC)
Useful information about Sochi
More useful information about Sochi
- Pack your bags: the Winter Olympic Games are heading to Sochi in 2014.
- Bus travel is also cheap and links cities and towns around Russia, but is not very comfortable.
- If you take a direct flight to Russia, you will land in the largest country in the world.
- One way flights to Russia will give you access to the country's 100+ ski areas. Among the best are Mount Elbrus.
- After booking a last minute flight to Russia, you’ll arrive in one of the best places to see the ballet.
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines, the national airline, has a comprehensive domestic Russia flight network.
- Moscow and St Petersburg are two of the most popular tourist destinations and are traveled to much of the year.
- Russia is the largest supplier of natural gas and the second largest oil producer in the world.