Cheap flights to Zadar, Croatia
The city of Zadar enjoys an enviable location on Croatia's Adriatic coast and is arguably one of the country's most beautiful cities. Zadar is steeped in a history that stretches over three millennia but it offers visitors even more than that with the stunning islands of its archipelago, fabulous views over the Adriatic and an exciting nightlife. The city is an ideal choice for those who want to visit the road less traveled by comparison to Zagreb, Split or Dubrovnik, whilst still enjoying the very best of Croatia's beauty, hospitality and history.
The city is mainly located on the coast with the Old Town situated on its very own peninsula. Highlights of the Old Town include the City Walls themselves and the Gates of Zadar. Evidence of the city's importance during the Roman Era can be found at the Roman Forum remains, which are located in front of St Donat's Church, the largest pre-Romanesque edifice in Croatia. Visitors can find out much more about the long and fascinating history of the city at either the Archaeological Museum of Zadar, one of Croatia's oldest and most respected museums, or at The National Museum. As well as its historic streets and buildings some of the city's most well-loved sights include its more modern offerings. The Sea Organ is a unique set of steps which creates music from the waves and close by is the Greeting to the Sun, another newly iconic aspect of Zadar's landscape. The 'Greeting' is a multi-coloured glass, under lit floor located at precisely the right spot to view the city's famed sunsets.
Best Time to Fly to Zadar
Zadar enjoys fairly temperate weather all year round with a warm Mediterranean to subtropical climate. High season is during July and August when the city experiences very warm temperatures. Croatian school vacations run from mid-June to late August however, so visitors will make savings by visiting outside of these times. The ideal time to visit is certainly during the shoulder seasons of May-June and Sept-October when it's still very sunny and the prices are lower. Outside of high and shoulder season however, the weather is still pleasant enough with less crowds in March to April and November and further deals to be had during the winter months. Some of Croatia's biggest national holidays include Statehood Day on the 25th June and Thanksgiving on the 5th August. Both these weekends are likely to see Croatian vacationers flock to the coast with accommodation prices at a premium.
Getting around Zadar
Once in the city visitors can travel around using the comprehensive public bus service. All routes pass through the main bus terminal and tickets can be purchased at the bus station, at newsstands or on the bus itself. Much of the Old Town can be navigated on foot however, which is a worthy way to explore the city. Many visitors choose to take a boat or ferry to one of the beautiful islands in the Zadar Archipelago. There are also a number of tour and excursion options that cover either the main sites of the Old Town or are destined for further afield to the surrounding National Parks.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Zadar
USA departure airports for flights to Zadar
Useful information about Zadar
More useful information about Zadar
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.