Cheap flights to Kelowna (YLW)
Book a cheap flight to Kelowna, the largest inland city in British Columbia, and you’ll see why the local amenities keep visitors coming back here. Okanagan Lake is a massive, bustling haven for water enthusiasts in the summer; Big White ski resort draws skiers from all over the world in the winter.
Summers are hot – temperatures can reach well into the 90s (Fahrenheit) – but humidity isn’t an issue; winters are cold and snowfall can be heavy. June is the month of heaviest rainfall.
Best Time to Fly to Kelowna
If you’re looking for outdoor summer fun, come in July or August, as heavy rains fall in June. If you’re heading to the mountains in the winter, come in December or January, the months of greatest snowfall.
Getting around Kelowna
Kelowna is very pedestrian and bike friendly, particularly in the downtown area. But visitors can also choose to rent cars.
Kelowna Travel Information
Due to its natural setting, the city is prone to the threat of wildfires. Visitors should keep in mind that this can mean campfire bans during summer.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Kelowna
USA departure airports for flights to Kelowna
Useful information about Kelowna
More useful information about Kelowna
- The eastern provinces of Canada include Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- When your one way flight to Canada arrives, you’ll be in North America’s largest country by area.
- Western Canada consists of British Columbia and three provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Victoria Day to Labor Day (Late May to Early September) is the best time for outdoor activities.
- For winter sports enthusiasts, November to March offers the best chance of good snow in Canada.
- Possibly the most British of the Canadian cities, Ottawa is a charming cosmopolitan city.
- Some direct flights to Canada land at Lester B Pearson International Airport or Trudeau Airport.
- For last minute flights to Canada, keep in mind that many cities are transformed into winter wonderlands.