Cheap flights to Franz Josef Strauß (MUC)
Located 17.7 miles (28.5 km) north-east of the center of Munich, Munich International Airport (MUC) is officially known as Franz Josef Strauss. It is Germany’s second-busiest airport and the seventh-busiest in Europe. In 2010, it handled almost 35 million passengers. In 2011 the airport was awarded the title of “Europe’s Best Airport” (for the sixth time since 2005) and ranked fourth best in the world by air transport research company Skytrax.
The airport comprises two terminals connected by the Munich Airport Center, a large outdoor tent-type area that accommodates most of the facilities, including a vast array of retail, business and recreational establishments. There is also a Visitors Park which features a Visitors Hill from which sightseers may view Terminal 1 and the westerly aircraft apron. Plans to expand Terminal 2, approved in 2010, will see Munich International’s handling capacity increase by 11 million passengers per year.
With a combination of world-class facilities and efficient services, it’s no surprise that Munich International is ranked among the finest in the world. Clean and modern – it even has its own brewery – with friendly and helpful staff, visitors may look forward to experiencing nothing less than the best from Munich International.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Franz Josef Strauß
USA departure airports for flights to Franz Josef Strauß
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Franz Josef Strauß
- Atlanta (ATL)
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Houston (IAH)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Miami (MIA)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Denver (DEN)
- Rochester (ROC)
- Boise (BOI)
- West Palm Beach (PBI)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington (WAS)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Newark (EWR)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Austin (AUS)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Lexington (LEX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Milwaukee (MKE)
- Savannah (SAV)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Albuquerque (ABQ)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Guatemala City (GUA)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Chattanooga (CHA)
Useful information about Franz Josef Strauß
More useful information about Franz Josef Strauß
- Comparable to a pub in the UK, a gasthaus is a family-run eatery.
- Germany has 16 states or Bundesländer which can be visited by train.
- Get a last minute flight to Germany to castles and gardens maintained by Europe’s most elite.
- The busiest season for direct flights to Germany is May to late October.
- Make sure to find time to visit Germany's castles and picturesque villages.
- Good deals on one way flights to Germany can be had if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Find good pilsners and other lagers served in bars on your flight to Germany.
- To see romantic castles and picturesque villages, Romantic Road is the route to take.
- Although winter generally brings fewer visitors, it is becoming a popular time especially for the ski areas.
- The country has world class opera houses. You can find them in cities such as Berlin and Munich.