Cheap flights to Elmas (CAG)
When is the best time to fly to Cagliari?
The city's peak season is between June and August, when temperatures rise and rainfall is rare. Book your flights to Cagliari during these summer months to enjoy the warm Mediterranean weather. Remember to pack your sun cream as temperatures can soar to a hot 28 degrees Celsius making it the perfect time to top up your tan on the white sandy beaches of Cagliari. Another great time to take a flight to Cagliari is during the Sant’Efisio in May, which has been claimed to be the biggest and most colourful religious procession across the globe. The event sees around 5,000 people take part, all dressed in traditional costume and is definitely an event to mark in the calendar.
January is the city's coldest month with temperatures dipping to 9 degrees Celsius, so if you want to visit on a budget, try finding cheap flights to Cagliari during the winter months during the low tourist season and when accommodation rates will be at their lowest.
The city of Cagliari stands proud on the southern coast of Sardinia as the ancient capital of this beautiful Italian island. Cagliari is a pleasant place to explore and relax, blessed with extensive green spaces, ancient monuments, a warm Mediterranean climate and incredible sandy beaches. The city's historic old town yields plenty of architectural delights that are best discovered on foot by strolling through the intricate network of streets. The Castello neighbourhood is enclosed with fortified walls, complete with two medieval towers that are worth climbing. The Elephant Tower was built in the 13th Century and offers incredible views over the city. Its counterpart, the San Pancrazio Tower provides the best vantage point over the city, being the highest point in the citadel. The city's ancient origins can be uncovered by visiting the remains of the ancient city of Karalis, of which the most important building is the Roman Amphitheatre, a structure that dates from the end of the first century. You can learn more about the city's origins with a visit to the National Archaeological Museum, which houses a stunning collection of ancient artefacts from around the island. Cagliari also has plenty to offer families and sun worshippers, as the city's most popular beach, Poetto, offers 5 miles (8 km) of gorgeous white sand. It is also a recreation area, complete with an amusement park, restaurants and pedal boats. With its clean, safe coastline that is perfect for swimming, Cagliari has become known as "the city of the sea". Framed by its pretty port, magnificent coastline and crystal blue waters, it is easy to see why so many choose to spend their holiday here.
Getting around Cagliari
The best way to explore the city is on foot, as many attractions are within easy walking distance. An efficient bus service runs throughout the city and its suburbs, for which tickets can be bought from vending machines or newsstands. You can also book a taxi from several taxi stands in the city.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Flights to Cagliari land at Cagliari Elmas Airport is located 4 miles (7 km) northwest of the city centre. Taxis are available outside the arrivals area and can transport you into the city centre within 15 minutes. Several car hire companies are also available in the arrivals area of the airport, if you wish to hire a vehicle. There is also a rail service that runs between the city and the airport from 5am to 9pm every 20 minutes. A shuttle bus service is also available outside the arrivals area.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Elmas
This is useful information about Elmas
More useful information about Elmas
- Book a one way flight to Italy and immerse yourself in the works of Raphael, Michelangelo, and da Vinci.
- Bologna is a beautiful city with a medieval center, old brick palaces, and porticoed streets.
- In Italy, the mountain ski season is December through April.
- Travelers take direct flights to Italy to ski the snow-capped mountain tops of the Dolomites.
- The slow travel season for Italy usually runs from November to mid-December.
- The entire country has the same coastal temperatures all year round except for the higher elevations.
- A last minute flight to Italy will get you to Venice in time for Carnival that takes place every February.
- Italy has set the groundwork for many of today’s literature, theater, art, and cuisine.
- Your best bet to see some of Italy's beautiful vineyards is to take an organized tour.
- Serious shoppers take flights to Italy to purchase some of the country's famed fashion.
Other user searches
- Flights to Dubai
- Flights to Brazil from New York
- Athens to La Guardia flights
- Flights from New York to Mumbai
- Cheap Denver to Northwest Arkansas Regional flights
- Ryanair cheap flights
- United Airlines flights
- Flights Boston to New York
- Flights from Latrobe to Dominican Republic
- Gainesville Regional to Vail flights