Together with Meribel and Courchevel, Val Thorens makes up the famous Trios Vallees ski area. Peaking at over 7,500 ft, Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in the Alps and offers skiers and snowboarders a range of runs suitable for every level skier. The avid ski enthusiast will enjoy the ski-to-door slopes that take you from the slopes to the front door of your accommodations.
Val Thorens Travel Information
- Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe. The highest peak stands at 7,500 feet. Ski enthusiasts hailing all corners of the globe are booking flights to Val Thorens via Geneva Airport to take advantage of the pristine slopes that are often accessible just out the back door of many of Val Thorens’ most popular hotels. Cheap flights and ski packages to Val Thorens are rarely found last-minute during ski season, so plan your trip accordingly and in advance if you plan to hit the slopes.
- Excellent conditions are guaranteed for those heading to snowy Val Thorens to ski, but keep in mind that the resort is only open from the end of November through the beginning of May.
- A rotating schedule of entertainment and musical acts pass through the bars, discos and restaurants of the resort, and the Val Thorens Classic and Jazz Association hosts concerts in the acoustically-gifted Val Thorens Church.
USA departure airports for flights to Val Thorens
Flights to France
More useful information about Val Thorens
- France flights are available between major cities. Air France has many domestic flights.
- Lyon is France's second city and its location near to the Alps makes it the perfect base to explore the country.
- A founding member state of the European Union, France is the largest one by area.
- Spring is a very popular time to book direct flights to France.
- Destinations for one way flights to France are often Nice and the Cote d'Azur region.
- Southern France has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and very hot summers.
- Take a last minute flight to France and travel on the TGV, the high speed inter-city train service.
- Toulouse, known as The Ville Rose, or pink city, is a vibrant metropolis with a huge student population.