Cheap flights to Varna, Bulgaria
When is the best time to fly to Varna?
Tropical weather greets visitors to Varna if the timing is just right. The warmest months of May through October draw the most tourists, and while it is considered the best time to visit, it is also the most expensive times to book flights to Varna – and the most crowded. Varna hosts various events for visitors and locals to enjoy throughout the summer months such as Love is Folly, Varna Summer and their very own International Jazz Festival. Temperatures during this period are also perfect for outdoor activities and exploring the city as they tend to average around a comfortable 17 to 25 degrees Celsius.
Those looking for cheap flights to Varna should consider the wet months of June, October and December when the temperature usually sits between 4 to 14 degrees Celsius, which tend to deter visitors. Those taking advantage of discounted flights to Varna during the off-season can still enjoy events that are held in the city such as The European Music Festival in March to April.
There’s a nostalgic air about Varna, where the Bulgaria of yesterday is still on full display. Here, the culture is one of a kind, the atmosphere historic. With breathtaking scenery, beautiful beaches and amazing local hot spots, it’s hard not to have an unforgettable experience in Varna.
The culture in this lovely city was actually derived from the Neolithic people, and today, beautiful ancient artwork and historic cemeteries underline this historically rich region. Standing the test of time are the white-sand beaches, perfect for an afternoon of relaxing and enjoying the Bulgarian sun. Plenty of museums and family-friendly options, not to mention a thriving local nightlife scene, also await visitors in Varna.
The beaches aren’t the only way to soak up the Bulgarian waters, either – mineral baths are also available and offer a unique experience. The Cape makes for a fine way to spend a few hours in the city, while the local cuisine shouldn’t be missed. The Sea Garden Park and its waterfront promenade are great places to see, but nothing is quite as breathtaking as the Dormition Mother of God Cathedral, with its multiple golden domes towering over the city.
Truly, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Varna, from the sports fan to the history lover. The Palace of Culture and Sports has several halls dedicated to sports, while the ruins of the Roman Baths take visitors back in time to the days of the ancient Roman Empire.
Though Varna is a very historic place, it also has all of the modernized comforts of home. The possibilities and accommodation are endless.
Getting around Varna
Navigating the city is fairly easy, no matter how one chooses to get around. Because so many of Varna’s attractions are in close proximity to one another, walking is a suitable option for getting around the city. Buses are available to get around the city, and taxis are also readily available, though tourists should make sure the driver uses a meter.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Luckily for visitors landing on flights to Varna the airport is very conveniently located near the city centre, a mere six miles (9km) away from the centre of this Bulgarian city. As one of the largest airports in Bulgaria, Varna Airport (VAR) has plenty of transportation options, too. Passengers can reach the city from the airport via bus, while taxis and shuttles are available to hire for direct transportation. Those who prefer to drive can opt for a hire car.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Varna
USA departure airports for flights to Varna
This is useful information about Varna
More useful information about Varna
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Houston to Seattle flights
- Hancock County-Bar Harbor to Amarillo International
- Milwaukee to Cincinnati
- Omaha to Oahu
- Cheap Allentown to Reno flights
- Honolulu to England cheap flights
- Flights to Le Havre from Tyler
- Flights from Detroit to Montreal
- US Airways cheap flights
- Cheap flights to Florida Keys