Cheap flights to Uganda
When is the best time to fly to Uganda?
The busiest month of the year tends to be July time. Due to this you’ll find cheap flights to Uganda are a lot harder to come by as more tourists flock to enjoy the warm weather and make the most of the activities on offer. The peak season begins in June time though and runs until September to early October although the weather can become unbearable as August rolls on. October 9th is Independence Day in Uganda, a public holiday which sees the country come to life to celebrate. Bear in mind that accommodation surrounding this event will be a lot pricier as will flight tickets. It’s also very important to make sure you have any permits secured well in advance, for example gorilla permits etc.
Uganda doesn’t necessarily have an off season due to hot weather practically all-year round although January to early March is when tourism is at its lowest. Aim for this time of year if you’re after the cheapest flights to Uganda.
When is the best time to book a flight to Uganda?
You should aim to book your flights to Uganda as early in advance as you possibly can. You’ll find the cheapest flights to Uganda from January through to April so make sure your flight tickets, permits and accommodation are all booked and secured by September or October time. Flexibility does help to some extent although outside of these months there isn’t too much variation in the price of flight tickets. That said it always helps to be flexible with your dates and try to avoid school holidays if possible. If you want to make the most out of your trip however aim for July so you can experience the Gorillas, hiking and other activities better.
How long is the flight to Uganda?
Flights from London to Uganda: 13 hours 15 minutes
Flights from Manchester to Uganda: 11 hours 25 minutes
Flights from Birmingham to Uganda: 11 hours 25 minutes
Flights from Glasgow to Uganda: 13 hours 20 minutes
Which airlines operate flights to Uganda?
There are a few different airlines that provide cheap flights to Uganda. Ethiopian, Qatar Airways, Etihad and Brussels Airlines are the major four that control the route so expect to fly with one of them. When it comes to choosing which airline works best for you, you should first consider your budget and then think about the comfort. Etihad and Qatar excel when it comes to comfort although you’ll pay more for your flight tickets if you go with them. That said for an 11+ hour flight being comfortable is an important factor to consider. Once you’ve settled on your dates you can begin to compare a few airlines to see who offers you the best value for money.
How to get from the airport to the city centre?
The major city to head to once your flights to Uganda land in Entebbe is Kampala. Getting there is simple enough too. Once you’ve booked your flights to Uganda you can look into Sheraton for your accommodation. For an extra UGX39, 000 you can add on a one-way shuttle service to collect you from the airport and take you directly to the hotel, which will save you time and money. Alternatively you could opt for the Airport Express. It’s slightly cheaper than the hotel shuttle but you’ll get dropped at Garden City Shopping Mall in the centre of Kampala and then you’ll need to find your own way. Lastly you can jump in a taxi. These can be easily found outside of the airport although make sure to agree on the fare beforehand and anything over UGX77, 000 is too much.
Uganda insider information
- Before you set off into Uganda you should give this post about a couple of border crossers who ventured through Africa and even dined on grasshoppers. It’ll give you a good idea about Uganda.
- Don’t miss out on the Gorilla Trek Independent Adventure whilst you are in Uganda. It’s an unforgettable experience.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Uganda
USA departure airports for flights to Uganda
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Uganda
- Boston (BOS)
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Newark (EWR)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Washington (WAS)
- Spokane (GEG)
- Portland (PDX)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Rochester (ROC)
- Louisville (SDF)
- Grand Rapids (GRR)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- San Diego (SAN)
Select your preferred destination from the list below
More useful information about Uganda
- South Africa retains strong influences from Dutch and British culture.
- Because you need a return or onward ticket to enter the country, one way flights to Africa are not ideal.
- Direct flights from American cities to African cities are rare.
- The entire continent of Africa is generally warm year-round, with North Africa being the hottest.
- Africa’s history is as vast and rich as the continent itself.
- For a breath taking beach experience, visit the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar.
- Booking a last minute flight to Africa is not advisable, since much preparation is usually needed.
- Kenya offers an extraordinary Safari experience.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to Nigeria from Augusta
- Hattiesburg to Hangzhou
- Los Angeles from Cleveland
- Florida airport information
- Cheap flights to Panama City
- Cheap flights to Geneva from Columbia
- Flights to Florida
- Cheap flights from Bozeman to Stuttgart
- Kansas City to Germany
- Flights to Wrangell from Los Angeles