Cheap flights to Murcia, Spain
When is the best time to fly to Murcia?
Murcia benefits from around 300 days of sunshine each year, with hot summers and mild winters. Due to the weather it is becoming more and more popular, but you can still grab some deals on flights to Murcia. June to August is the hottest time of the year, and because of the influx of tourist’s accommodation costs and the price of flights to Murcia are generally higher.
Murcia is less crowded during the winter, from late spring and early autumn so cheap flights to Murcia are easier to come by. Easter week is the most important Catholic tradition in Spain, so expect flights to Murcia to be more expensive. Murcia celebrates this with street processions and carnivals throughout the day and night. If you want to enjoy the sun but not the intense heat than springtime is a perfect time to book your flights to Murcia. Traditional festivals such as Bando de la Huerta and Entierro de la Sardine are very lively occasions just after Easter. Make sure to book your flights to Murcia well in advance for this time of year.
When is the best time to book a flight to Murcia?
November and January are the best months to find cheap flights to Murcia, with February slowly creeping up. If you're flexible with when you can go on your vacation, search for the cheapest days around spring and try to coincide your flights to Murcia with one of the festivals to experience a traditional slice of Spain. Book in advance to find the cheapest flights to Murcia, especially if you're visiting during the peak summer months. June, July, August, September and parts of October are at least double the price for flights to Murcia than any other time of the year so it's highly suggested to book as early as 2 months in advance to make the best savings on your flight tickets.
How long is the flight to Murcia?
Flights from London (All airports) to Murcia - 2 hours 40 minutes
Flights from Manchester to Murcia - 2 hours 40 minutes
Flights from Birmingham to Murcia - 2 hours 30 minutes
Flights from Glasgow to Murcia - 2 hours 50 minutes
Which airlines operate flights to Murcia?
Ryanair, easyJet, Aer Lingus, Iberia and Jet2 all operate regular flights to Murcia. Typically Ryanair provide the cheapest flights to Murcia however they do sting you with a hefty baggage fee during the summer, and even off season they are expensive for the weight allowance you are allowed. If you are only going for a short vacation, consider just taking hand luggage to save some money. Other than that compare the different airlines to find who offers you the best value for money, easyJet for example allow a 20kg bag for either £12 or £22 depending on time of year and route etc, where as Ryanair typically allow 15kg.
How to get from the airport to the city centre?
The airport is quite far from the city of Murcia at 45 km away, but there are a couple of options available to help you get there. The best option, and cheapest, is to get a bus straight from the airport. They are very reliable and a great way to travel around Spain. When you arrive from you flight to Murcia, speak to the information desk for an up-to-date timetable for the buses as they don't run too frequently. Currently there are buses just 3 times a day, so hopefully your flight to Murcia will coincide with one of them. Failing that your only other option is to jump in a taxi, however this won't be cheap, especially in comparison to the price of a bus. Due to the airport being very small, there is no train services available.
Murcia insider information
Unwind and relax at a yoga retreat and find out why Murica is rated as one of the best locations in Spain for wellness retreats.
Pay a visit to the Terra Natura theme park and safari for an unforgettable experience.
Cartagena is a nearby city to the South and a place that makes for the perfect day out sightseeing. It's packed with Roman ruins and is a great day out.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to Spain
Interesting information about Murcia
More useful information about Murcia
- The Catalans enjoy calcotades in late winter and early spring, which is a different kind of BBQ.
- Compared to the UK, Spain is 5 times as large, but only has 2/3 of the population.
- To see birds and plants not found anywhere else in the world, go to the Islote de Lobos Nature Reserve.
- Some well known artists that hail from Spain, include Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miró.
- One of Majorca’s tourist attractions is the Coves del Drac. Take a last minute flight to Spain to see it.
- With a one way flight to Spain, you can find deals if you are flexible with your dates.
- The best months for direct flights to Spain are May, June, and September.
- In July and August, Spain is extremely hot. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate.
- Valencia has renowned museums, art collections, and it is where paella was created.
- Ibiza is known for its hedonistic resorts, electric nightlife, and fine beaches.
Other user searches
- Flights to San Francisco from New York
- Flights to Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- New York to Dallas Love Field
- Airfare to Sacramento
- Flights from Denver to Europe
- Cheap Wichita Falls to Bolzano flights
- Germany cheap flight
- Cheap flights to Reagan National
- Jacksonville to Argentina flights
- New York to Ukraine flights