Cheap flights to Rhodes, Greece
Thank goodness the wise people of Rhodes chose Helios, the Greek God of the sun, as their island front-man. The worshiping paid off; today, travelers booking flights to Rhodes can rest assured their swimsuit and suntan lotion will be put to good use. Rhodes receives on average 300 days of sunshine a year and is a paradise destination for sun-worshippers. Rhodes is so popular as a vacation spot, even Greeks visit this Greek island.
But there’s more to Rhodes than beaches and bikinis. Its location between Crete and the Aegean Ocean make it a beautiful destination for land-lubbers and nature-lovers. Mountain villages and quaint towns line the landscape of this island. What’s more, flights to Rhodes means visitors are within arm’s length of neighboring Greek islands and the coast of Turkey. Whether you’re in Rhodes for the entire trip or departing from Rhodes after a Greek island tour, you’ll enjoy the luxury this little island affords.
With more than 300 days of sunshine a year, Rhodes is a sun worshipper's paradise. From June through August, temperatures pass 100 degrees Fahrenheit on the Dodecanese Islands. Winters are cooler, with temperatures ranging from the 60s to 70s, but the sea is warm by early May.
Best Time to Fly to Rhodes
The constant sunshine and perfect beach conditions stick around this popular Greek Island oasis for most of the year so there is no wrong time to book flights to Rhodes.
Flights to Rhodes are packed from May through September with beachcombers hailing from every corner of the globe. Book Rhodes flights and accommodations well in advance if you plan on visiting Rhodes during the peak season. The beaches are packed with people and finding a secluded spot is complicated, at best.
Off-Peak Season: The only off-putting weather that hits Rhodes falls in the form of fierce rainstorms during the month of October. Cheap flights to Rhodes tend to coincide with the middle weeks of the month.
Getting around Rhodes
Cheap flights aren’t the only inexpensive way to get to Rhodes. There is regular air travel to the island, but you can also catch ferries from Piraeus, the Athens port, or the rest of the Greek Islands. You can also pick up a ferry once a week at the Turkish port of Marmaris. Once you arrive, buses are cheap and taxis have set fares, not meters. Renting a motorcycle, car or moped is a favorite way to get around the island.
Rhodes Travel Information
- The biggest beaches on the island crowd with tanning tourists, especially in the afternoons during high season. Farilaki is one of the most cosmopolitan beaches in Rhodes, and tourists of all walks of life cover every square inch of its sand. If you're looking to relax in a more secluded waterfront location, try Kathara Bay, which is a small fishing harbor located directly next to Farilaki.
- If you're not keen on hitting the beach immediately after your flight to Rhodes, spend the day meandering through the ancient streets of Rhodes City. Old Town is an excellent locale for a leisurely stroll amongst ruins from 3 B.C in Plateia Simi, and the cobblestones of the Street of Knights will take you from the Acropolis of Rhodes down to the port. Finish off a visit to Old Town with a walk along the medieval city walls, which, remarkably, are still intact and impressive with their multitude of elaborate gates and towers.
- Spend the cash you saved on your Rhodes cheap flight on a rowdy last night out in Mandraki Harbor, Rhodes' nightlife and entertainment epicenter. The harbor itself is chock full of multi-million dollar yachts and cruise ships, but the main draw of the area lies along the shore in the form of seaside cafes, bars and discos.
- If for some reason you're stuck inside on a rainy day, fear not: Your flight to Rhodes wasn't booked in vain! Rhodes' fascinating history and rich cultural heritage has inspired the establishment of several museums on the island, including the Archaeological Museum, the Municipal Art Gallery, and a Modern Art museum featuring the works of prominent artists hailing from Rhodes.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Rhodes
USA departure airports for flights to Rhodes
Select your preferred destination from the list below
More useful information about Rhodes
- In Athens, you can explore the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Epidaurus amphitheater.
- A popular time to take one way flights to Greece is between June and August when the weather is best.
- When your last minute flight to Greece arrives, you'll be in the country where the Olympic Games were born.
- The beautiful and verdant island Zante or Zakynthos, on the Ionian islands, is another popular vacation destination.
- Many travelers take direct flights to Greece for a tour of Athens or on a honeymoon to Santorini.
- Crete is the largest and most popular of the Greek islands, with two international airports.
- One place worth visiting is the Peloponissos, which has a spectacular landscape of mountains, caves, and volcanoes.
- Greece enjoys long Mediterranean summers, with warm temperatures and about 11 hours of sunshine a day.