Cheap flights to Mykonos, Greece
It’s known as an island of luxury living, but you don’t have to be a celebrity to fly to Mykonos. This Greek island is known for its beautiful beaches, lively nightlife and picturesque streets that blend old world Greece with modern-day living. The upscale attitude in Mykonos is partly due to the expensive real estate that sits along the mountainous terrain, but also thanks to the Hollywood A-listers who flock to Mykonos every year for a bit of fun-in-the-sun, and a break from the glaring paparazzi. Take a walk down the narrow Mykonos streets and you’re likely to spot a famous face in one of the restaurants or cafes.
The major draw to Mykonos is the beaches. Paradise Beach is the most famous Mykonos beach, and also the top tourist draw on the island. Hedonists of all shapes, sizes and ages flock to Paradise Beach for a good time – from dusk to dawn. From nude sub-bathing to all-night dance parties, Paradise Beach has something for every indulgence.
Flights to Mykonos arrive daily from Athens during the summer months. Travelers can also reach the island by boat or cruise ship.
Mykonos Travel Information
- Ferry boats and flights to Mykonos are plentiful so you'll always find a way on and off the island. During the summer months, cruise ships line the Mykonos harbor and as many as 10 fights to Mykonos a day arrive from Athens. This makes for a very overcrowded island, so plan your trip accordingly. The best way to avoid the crowds is to get up early and hit the beaches first thing, then spend the afternoon strolling the streets. Mykonos is a party town in the summer, so most visitors wake mid-afternoon and hit the beaches for afternoon sun.
- Mykonos is one of the only islands in the Aegean where scuba diving is permitted. If you plan to scuba, you must reserve equipment from dive centers and register before you hit the sea. Some dive centers also offer scuba instruction.
- During the high season -- June through August -- Mykonos flights and hotels are packed. If you don't have a reservation, you're out of luck. Visit Mykonos in early fall and you'll find the island is less-crowded, but there is still plenty to do.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Mykonos
USA departure airports for flights to Mykonos
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Mykonos
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Miami (MIA)
- Houston (IAH)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Washington (WAS)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Newark (EWR)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Charleston (CHS)
Select your preferred destination from the list below
More useful information about Mykonos
- In Athens, you can explore the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Epidaurus amphitheater.
- A popular time to take one way flights to Greece is between June and August when the weather is best.
- When your last minute flight to Greece arrives, you'll be in the country where the Olympic Games were born.
- The beautiful and verdant island Zante or Zakynthos, on the Ionian islands, is another popular vacation destination.
- Many travelers take direct flights to Greece for a tour of Athens or on a honeymoon to Santorini.
- Crete is the largest and most popular of the Greek islands, with two international airports.
- One place worth visiting is the Peloponissos, which has a spectacular landscape of mountains, caves, and volcanoes.
- Greece enjoys long Mediterranean summers, with warm temperatures and about 11 hours of sunshine a day.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to Buenos Aires
- Houston to San Francisco flights
- Columbus to Taichung flights
- Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta
- Flights Costa Rica from San Diego
- Cheap flights from San Antonio to Utah
- Cheap flights from Stockton Metropolitan to S. Angelo
- Melbourne International to Lewiston flights
- Flights Philip Billard Municipal to Luxembourg
- Flights to Dubai from Pittsburgh