Cheap flights to Nelson, New Zealand
An incredibly diverse region, Nelson is the most complete destination for visitors who want an all-inclusive getaway they will never forget. Nestled along the coast in north-west New Zealand, this vibrant and energetic landscape offers a cultural and visual experience like no other. From spectacular golden beaches to stretches of perfect forest, Nelson has it all. And, because it has more sunshine than anywhere else in New Zealand, there's no better way to enjoy it than by getting out and about in the city.
Nelson is a real creative arts capital, attracting an array of contemporary and traditional artists and craftspeople. So why not spend a day exploring the city to find a unique piece of art of your own, or simply stroll around the World of Wearable Art and Collectable Cars Museum and the Suter Art Gallery to check out the local masterpieces. After you've had your fill of the art collections, indulge yourself by sampling a selection of fresh and delicious seafood from a restaurant on the harbor, sipping on a glass of locally produced wine as the sun sets.
Nelson also offers great opportunities for adrenaline junkies, but if sky diving, sea kayaking or quad bike tours aren't your thing, enjoy absolute tranquillity in one of Nelson's national parks. The incredibly scenic Abel Tasman National Park is idyllic, offering spectacular lakeside views and lush walkways. If you're looking for a truly unique experience, tour the incredible locations used in the Lord of the Rings trilogy!
Best Time to Fly to Nelson
Nelson has more yearly sunshine than any other destination in New Zealand, so you'll no doubt experience plenty of great weather no matter when you travel. Summertime is from December to February, and is usually the best, if not the cheapest, time to visit the region. Not only is this climate perfect for exploring the various national parks, beaches and numerous outdoor activities, but school terms fall within these months, meaning much cheaper accommodations and flight prices.
Getting around Nelson
The city itself is easy to get around on foot or on a bicycle, and these modes of transport are ideal for checking out some of the local scenery. Whilst there is also a city bus service, if you really want to enjoy the sites and attractions further afield, a car rental from the nearby airport would be the best option, providing both comfort and convenience.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Nelson
USA departure airports for flights to Nelson
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Nelson
- San Francisco (SFO)
Useful information about Nelson
More useful information about Nelson
- Meat, wool, and dairy are the country's biggest businesses, but tourism is growing.
- Once your last minute flight to New Zealand arrives, take in some hiking, rafting, and swim with the dolphins.
- Rotorua is a geothermal area with several geysers including the spectacular 20-metre Pohutu geyser at Whakarewarewa.
- Larnach Castle is New Zealand’s only castle and Dunedin’s top visitor attraction.
- Kapiti Island is home to a nature reserve that protects some of the rarest birds in the world.
- Praised by some of the best sommeliers, New Zealand wines are revered around the world.
- If you are booking a one way flight to New Zealand, prepare for the South Island's cold winters.
- Travelers booking direct flights to New Zealand can dine on plenty of fresh seafood once they arrive.
Other user searches
- Cleveland to Cancun
- Cheap flights Portland
- Flights to Buenos Aires
- Little Rock to Seattle flights
- Flights to Portsmouth International Airport at Pease from Tyler
- Cheap flights to San Diego
- Las Vegas to Minneapolis-St Paul International cheap flights
- Orlando to Beijing
- Flights to Egypt from Sarasota
- Portland to El Paso cheap flights