Cheap flights to City (LCY)
London City Airport (LCY) is a single-runway airport that serves London's financial district. It is sometimes referred to as a STOLport, meaning that the airlines serving the airport operate on a Short Take Off and Landing basis.
Located on a former Docklands site, flights to London City Airport are usually booked by business people looking to gain quick access to the major financial district of Canary Wharf. However, the number of leisure travelers using London City Airport is increasing every year – especially during ski season, when flights to Zurich, Geneva and Milan are especially popular.
Just 6 miles (10km) from the city-center, London City Airport offers very easy transport links for passengers looking to access London's CBD. In fact, in the July 2008 issue of Business Traveler magazine, London City Airport was voted as having the “best public transport links in the world.”
The airport is currently in the process of expanding and upgrading its terminal and runway facilities, and aims to be able to handle 8 million passengers per year by 2030. London City Airport is just 3km (2 miles) from the site of the 2012 Olympic Games – a fact which is sure to see its passenger traffic increase.
Note that London City Airport is not open 24 hours a day and keeps the following schedule: Monday to Friday from 5am to 10pm, Saturday from 5am to 1pm, and Sunday from 11am to 10:20pm.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to City
USA departure airports for flights to City
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to City
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (NYC)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Tucson (TUS)
- Houston (IAH)
- Miami (MIA)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Newark (EWR)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (CHI)
- San Diego (SAN)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Rochester (ROC)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Washington (WAS)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Richmond (RIC)
This is useful information about City
More useful information about City
- Rail travel is a tremendous way to get around England domestically.
- In 2003, the country saw the highest temperature ever, with one day's high over 100 degrees.
- It's always peak season when visiting London.
- The first public zoo in the world opened in London, England in 1829.
- Booking last minute flights to England can be great as long as your passport/papers are in order.
- A visit to England can be cheaper than expected if you stay outside of London.
- Direct flights to England from eastern seaboard cities are abundant.
- One way flights to England can be great money savers.
- Small, outlying towns often offer great winter deals if you like toasty fires and cozy pubs.
- While eating breakfast in medieval England, you might find beer as one of the beverage options.