Cheap flights to Skopje, Macedonia
Skopje is the capital of Macedonia and the country's largest city. This destination has experienced an extensive degree of transformation and as a consequence, tourists have begun flocking to its shores. Skopje has much to offer. It is naturally beautiful and the weather is especially pleasant during the spring and autumn seasons. There's a good number of events and festivals, featured throughout the year, and boat tours and hiking trails make this destination one of wonder and great adventure. The modern face of Skopje is striking and quite breathtaking to behold. Thankfully, the city's makeover has not destroyed the important and historical distinctive landmarks, such as the prominent Stone Bridge. This monument represents the old city and is one of its most ancient relics. It is still used, providing a walkway across the Vardar River to the Old Bazaar. Here you will see locals relaxing and socialising, enjoying food and beverages from quality restaurants and quaint bars and cafes. The trip to the Stone Bridge is a definite must and well worth it, with the Old Bazaar gems situated at the other end. A visit to Lake Matka is highly recommended. Even though the lake is a man-made feature, the beauty and tranquillity of this site is in no way diminished. The Matka gorge contains one of the deepest underwater caves in Europe and is accessible by boat tours. The Mountain of Vodno is ideal for hiking excursions and provides stunning views of the city from the summit.
Best Time to Fly to Skopje
Skopje is a lively city, with events and festivals occurring throughout the year. No matter when you choose to travel, you'll always find lots to do. The Skopje Summer Festival is a huge event, commencing on the 21 June, lasting for 40 days. Streets and open air venues come alive with music, dance, theatrical performances, film and much more. In December, the Taksirat Festival is hosted and the New Year is ushered in with the Macedonia Philharmonic Orchestra Concert. The summer months in Skopje are extremely hot, while winter months are excruciatingly cold. Therefore, spring and autumn months, from March to May and September to December are recommended.
The cheapest time to visit is around the winter season, falling between December through to March. It's very cold at this time, although the Christmas and New Year periods still tend to attract tourists.
Getting around Skopje
Metered taxis are relatively cheap and public buses and tram services are readily available.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Skopje
USA departure airports for flights to Skopje
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Skopje
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Miami (MIA)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Newark (EWR)
- Boston (BOS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Rochester (ROC)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Washington (WAS)
- Houston (IAH)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Melbourne (MLB)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Anchorage (ANC)
- Portland (PDX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- San Diego (SAN)
Useful information about Skopje
More useful information about Skopje
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.