Cheap flights to Langkawi, Malaysia
Langkawi (Malaysia) is made up of a chain of 99 islands, plus another five which can only be seen at low tide. Located just west of the Thai-Malay border, the islands are exactly what you imagine when thinking of the tropics. With stunning natural beauty, pristine beaches and a whole host of activities to take part in, Langkawi is a wonderful choice for a holiday. Only four of the islands are inhabited, so taking a tour around some of the others allows you to appreciate real unspoilt beauty. Langkawi is classified as a geopark, where nature is protected and celebrated and eco-tourism is key. There are several trails, where you can walk, take a cable car or boat, to enjoy scenic rainforest views, caves, waterfalls, fossil discoveries and exotic wildlife. Most activities revolve around nature, from the Underwater World aquarium to cruises around the islands and snorkelling at the surrounding reefs. It is worth taking a tour or two to see the beautiful islands, as well as the local art, history and culture. You can visit a Batik art village, a gamat (sea cucumber) traditional medicine factory or see everything from up high on a helicopter ride.
Best Time to Fly to Langkawi
The best time to visit Langkawi (Malaysia) depends on what type of holiday you are looking for. If it's sunshine and beaches you want, January to March are the driest and sunniest months. This is high season, so it will also be the busiest and most expensive time of year. Low season is September and October, this is the cheapest time to travel, but it is also the rainy season. While there may be some heavy rain, it is not constant and you will still have some clear days. The rainforest is spectacular at this time of year and the rain gives you a refreshing break from the tropical heat. April to August, the mid-season, is still cheap to travel and you may get some rain, but also sunny days. During the month of Ramadan, some businesses will close due to the owners and workers fasting.
Getting around Langkawi
When traveling around Langkawi, you will probably take taxis, drive or go on tours. If you enjoy a slower pace you can rent bicycles from many hotels and take in the sights in your own time. The Eagle Square tour will take you to attractions and historical sights, including the magnificent Eagle Square statue.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Langkawi
USA departure airports for flights to Langkawi
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Langkawi
- Chicago (CHI)
Useful information about Langkawi
More useful information about Langkawi
- The Langkawi Archipelago offers some of the most sought-after resorts in Southeast Asia.
- To see beauty in its most natural form, book a direct flight to Malaysia.
- Built to commemorate Malaysian independence, Merdeka Square is home to the world's largest flagpole at 328 feet.
- A variety of festivals are held throughout monsoon season including Thaipusam, a vibrant Hindu procession in January.
- If you take a last minute flights to Malaysia, you will find a lot of unexplored land.
- Lake Gardens will provide you with a relaxing retreat after your flight as it did for British administrators.
- The country has honed its network of air-conditioned busses to service all states in Peninsular Malaysia.
- You could land at Kota Kinabalu (BKI) or Kuching (KCH) on your one way flight to Malaysia.