Cheap flights to Kiev, Ukraine
This quickly developing capital of Ukraine is emerging colorfully from its Soviet past and becoming a tourist hub for European and global visitors, interested in sampling its Eastern Slavic delights. Despite its many contemporary influences, which make it a pleasurable city to visit, well equipped with modern conveniences, you can still see traditional sights and sounds. This includes a glimpse of Babushkas outside the stations, which make this an intriguing and fascinating city for those who love historical places. Whether you appreciate fine cuisine or have a tighter budget, the city offers attractions and adventure for everyone who travels within her walls.
Andriyivsky Uzviz is Kiev's most famous street, offering its visitors a selection of landmarks like the Castle of Richard the Lionhearted, St Andrew's Church and Mikhail Bulgakov's house. One of the city's most visible attractions is the striking St Sophia's Cathedral with its beautiful golden cupolas. A climb to the top rewards you with stunning views of the city and surrounding areas. The Pechersk Lavra Kiev Caves Monastery is probably the most visited attraction in Kiev and you will find it overlooking the Dnipro River. In the Upper Lavra you will find famous churches and museums like the Great Bell Tower and Church of the Assumption, while the lower Lavra reveals caves and passages which were once home to ancient monks.
Best Time to Fly to Kiev
Kiev has a humid, continental climate, with great seasonal weather shifts. Summers can be very hot, while winters are quite cold. The spring and fall months are quite short, with good weather. May and mid-October are the best times to visit to take advantage of pleasant weather conditions. During May, flowers begin to bloom, making this a pretty time in the city. June, July and August are the hottest months in the city. December, January and February are the coldest months, with snow occurring from late November till March.
Many airlines offer special flight packages during the summer and school vacation periods, and you may also find good deals during the quieter winter months, when fewer people travel to cities in Eastern Europe, due to cold weather and snow. Look out for pre-festive season specials which may run for a brief time.
Getting around Kiev
Local bus operators offer a full service within the city and there is also the Kiev Metro rail network.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Kiev
USA departure airports for flights to Kiev
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Kiev
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Portland (PDX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Washington (WAS)
- Houston (IAH)
- Miami (MIA)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Newark (EWR)
- Denver (DEN)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Charleston (CHS)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Des Moines (DSM)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
Interesting information about Kiev
More useful information about Kiev
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.