Cheap flights to Lviv, Ukraine
Lviv offers a whole host of landmarks, activities and great food to enjoy in a city which is both historic and romantic. This very charming destination is one of the most attractive towns in Ukraine and despite the fact that it attracts lower visitor numbers than more widely known cities, it is well worth a visit. From sampling hand-made chocolate to beautiful architecture, Lviv offers a rich history and culture to enjoy.
The centrally located Rynok Square will undoubtedly be your first stop as you enter the city, as it is for many visitors. This 500 year old market square has been the center of city life in Lviv and has been proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage site. The square boasts the city hall and is surrounded by 44 houses which showcase architecture from 16th to 20th century. You will also find museums, galleries, eating places and fountains to enjoy. The High Castle Park features a peaceful park located on a hill, overlooking the city where you can enjoy scenic views, castle ruins and relax.
Best Time to Fly to Lviv
The climate in the city is humid moderate continental. This means the city experiences cold winters and mild summers. Temperatures during January (winter) average at 26 and around 64 degrees Fahrenheit in July (summer). About 745 mm of rain falls during the year. The most popular time to visit the city is during spring and summer which is also peak season in the city. Winter rains turn the area into a green zone and it is a delightful time to appreciate the parks and gardens in the area. It is likely to be rain-free and sunny during this part of the year.
Peak season in the city is likely to yield the most expensive hotel and airfare rates. This includes the spring and summer months, school holidays, the Christmas and New Year holidays and special events. Winter in the city is very cold and this is when the best deals will be obtained on hotel and airfare, in some cases rates are substantially lower to attract visitors during this cold time. However, if you don't mind temperatures below freezing, it can be a nice option to read a book next to the fireplace, enjoy warm hotels, top quality cuisine or head out to one of the galleries and museums.
Getting around Lviv
Getting around in the city is easy using the local buses and taxis or renting a bicycle or a car. It is possible to tour some part of the city, comfortably, on foot. Trains depart from Lviv airport to neighbouring cities.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Lviv
USA departure airports for flights to Lviv
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Lviv
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Newark (EWR)
- Rochester (ROC)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Houston (IAH)
- Miami (MIA)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Boston (BOS)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Fort Myers (RSW)
- Washington (WAS)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- West Palm Beach (PBI)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Nashville (BNA)
Interesting information about Lviv
More useful information about Lviv
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.