Cheap flights to Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN)
Frankfurt Hahn Airport embodies the phrase “you get what you pay for”. It is small, has few amenities, shops and restaurants and its best-known resident is Ryanair.
It’s equidistant between Frankfurt and Luxembourg; 120km (75 miles) from both. It’s closer to Koblenz (approximately 70km (43 miles)) and Mainz (90km (56 miles)). Frankfurt Hahn has adequate public transport, but you'll need to allow at least two hours to get to Frankfurt. Its remote location makes for cheap flights, however, so it's popular with low-cost airlines such as Ryanair and Wizz Air.
If you've got time and are on a budget, this is a good alternative to the busy Frankfurt International Airport.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to Germany
Useful information about Frankfurt-Hahn
More useful information about Frankfurt-Hahn
- Comparable to a pub in the UK, a gasthaus is a family-run eatery.
- Germany has 16 states or Bundesländer which can be visited by train.
- Get a last minute flight to Germany to castles and gardens maintained by Europe’s most elite.
- The busiest season for direct flights to Germany is May to late October.
- Make sure to find time to visit Germany's castles and picturesque villages.
- Good deals on one way flights to Germany can be had if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Find good pilsners and other lagers served in bars on your flight to Germany.
- To see romantic castles and picturesque villages, Romantic Road is the route to take.
- Although winter generally brings fewer visitors, it is becoming a popular time especially for the ski areas.
- The country has world class opera houses. You can find them in cities such as Berlin and Munich.