Cheap flights to Derby, Australia
Deciding upon a vacation activity can get difficult, especially if your travel companions have a variety of different interests. Planning a trip to Derby, Australia can be the perfect solution as it has something for everyone. Located on the Kimberley coast, the town experiences tides that go up to 11 m, which is one of the highest in the world. The rising tide, gushing through the gaps on the cliff face, causes a stunning phenomenon called the horizontal waterfalls. Sailing around the Buccaneer Archipelago is great for those looking for some quiet relaxation. With mangrove forests and rocky cliffs giving way to pristine beaches, this area is very beautiful and worth exploring. Adrenaline junkies can drive down the Gibb River Road dirt tracks that present a challenging journey through waterfalls and gorges. Those looking to satisfy their cultural curiosity will love the Mowanjum Festival, which showcases some of the best Aboriginal art and culture. With entertaining events like mud football, Mardi Gras and concerts, the Derby Boab Festival is fun to attend too.
Best Time to Fly to Derby
Derby experiences a tropical climate, and daytime temperatures are recorded at above 86°F around the year. This region falls in the Southern Hemisphere, so the May-October period is comparatively cooler than the rest of the year. Since these are also the dry months, this is the best time to visit. All the local attractions are open at this time, and this is when the major festivals are held too. Starting from November, the weather starts getting rainy and humid. This is considered the off-season, so those planning a trip between November and April can enjoy some great deals on flights and hotels. The indigenous boab trees burst into flowers and the rivers thrive with barramundi, making this a great time for relaxing fishing trips.
Getting around Derby
The easiest way of getting around in Derby is by renting a car. There are several great car rental companies here, and you can get a vehicle as long as you have a valid driving licence with the details written in English. The region boasts good roads and highways and has clear road signs, which make it easy for a newcomer to drive around. There are some taxi services that let you book a car with just a call. The local bus service offers full day tours. These options make it easy to enjoy everything that the beautiful town of Derby has to offer.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to Western Australia
Useful information about Derby
More useful information about Derby
- Sydney is Australia's oldest city and has international style and superb dining.
- Looking for daily deals while in Australia? Groupon and Living Social have a presence there too.
- If you are looking for Australian beaches, Bondi Beach in Sydney should be a first stop.
- Last minute flight deals to Australia can be found if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- The 'real' Tasmanian Devil is found on the island of Tasmania, and is the size of a small dog.
- Book a direct flight to Australia to see bizarre wildlife and beautiful beaches.
- Take a one way flight to Australia and you'll will be picking up some of the local slang in no time.
- Want to visit the capital city? It's little-known Canberra; not Sydney or Melbourne.
- Some of Australia's six states are New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
- The off season in Australia is June through August when winter is in full effect.