Cheap flights to Courchevel
Located in the heart of the Three Valley’s, Courchevel is one part of the largest skiing area in the world and known for its miles of runs and off-piste skiing. Four separate villages make up Courchevel, giving travelers options and amenities based on their specific needs. The highest resort, Courchevel 1850, is the main ski base for the resort area and also the most luxurious. Featuring five-star hotels and glammed-up restaurants and lodge areas, the 1850 is the place to see-and-be-seen when not on the slopes. Courchevel 1650 is more popular and also cheaper than its 1850 neighbor. Further down the mountain, Courchevel 1550 caters to a less-ritzy crowd and focuses more on the laid-back atmosphere of the mountains. Skiers wanting a taste of the high life can board a lift from the 1550 to the 1850. The lowest village is La Praz, which features bunny slopes for first-time skiers and is more family-oriented. The quickest flight to Courchevel is via Geneva, where travelers can board buses or taxies to the resort areas.
Courchevel Travel Information
- Known as the “ski supermarket of France”, Courchevel offers up 93 miles of slopes and trails for winter sports enthusiasts. Consider yourself a novice snowbunny? You’ll be in good hands at the ski schools of Courchevel: The resort offers up an impressive brigade of ski instructors numbering no less than 500 to teach visitors of every skill level.
- If you’re too tired after your Courchevel flight to strap on your skis right away, check out one of the several cultural events on the resort town’s schedule. There’s something going in Courchevel every week, whether it’s a festival to ring in the New Year or an ice-skating spectacular that’ll stun visitors of every age.
- Don’t be surprised if you see a famous face or two on your flight to Courchevel: The fact that the French resort town is notorious for its sky-high prices and exclusive resorts, which tend to draw the jet-setting crowd from November through May. If you’re looking to fully experience Courchevel without emptying your savings account, consider booking your trip for the very beginning or very end of the season when cheap flights to Courchevel are easier to come by.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to France
More useful information about Courchevel
- France flights are available between major cities. Air France has many domestic flights.
- Lyon is France's second city and its location near to the Alps makes it the perfect base to explore the country.
- A founding member state of the European Union, France is the largest one by area.
- Spring is a very popular time to book direct flights to France.
- Destinations for one way flights to France are often Nice and the Cote d'Azur region.
- Southern France has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and very hot summers.
- Take a last minute flight to France and travel on the TGV, the high speed inter-city train service.
- Toulouse, known as The Ville Rose, or pink city, is a vibrant metropolis with a huge student population.