Cheap flights to Big Bear City, California (CA)
Whether you’re booking flights to Big Bear by yourself, with a few friends, or with the whole family, you’ll definitely leave feeling tired, happy and satisfied. With so much to do in such a little resort town, it’s a wonder in how they jam-pack all the wonderful outdoor activities around just one body of water. Big Bear Lake has been known for decades as a place that ties tranquillity with exhilaration in one fell swoop.
With four seasons of fun, it’s tempting to book Big Bear flights a few times a year. Between winter hikes, summer water sports, springtime boating, and fall biking, there’s no time like the present to book a Big Bear flight and embrace outdoor action. Just over 100 miles northeast of Los Angeles, this tucked away resort is a popular getaway for west side dwellers looking for a little rest, relaxation, and adventure. If you live nearby and won’t need to book a flight to Big Bear, then you’ll be happy to know that the scenic drive to this little sanctuary is brimming with escalating climbs, heart-pounding curves, and spectacular views of the San Bernardino National Forest. Down into canyons and through the Redlands, you may think you’ve seen it all, but you’re just getting started.
Best Time to Fly to Big Bear City
Since Big Bear Lake offers a plethora of outdoor activities no matter what the season, booking a Big Bear flight is an easy and thrilling decision. In the summer, when temperatures rise to the 70s and 80s, on average, travelers book flights to Big Bear to take advantage of the many water sport opportunities.
Once the winter sets in, skiers get ready for some downhill excitement. The most rain falls between January and February so plan your flight to Big Bear accordingly.
Big Bear City Travel Information
Winter Sports: As soon as it starts to rain in the Los Angeles basin, locals know suit up for snow in the mountains. Big Bear ski resorts have got the weather covered by reliable snowmaking equipment to appease any daring downhiller. Although it can’t compete with the likes of Utah or Colorado, skiing here offers diversity, difficulty, and convenience to those booking flights to Big Bear. Snow Summit, for instance, soars 8,200 feet into the air, and views of the lake from the top are unbeatable. Risk takers will be fulfilled with the double black-diamonds that are sure to intimidate the rookies.
Boating: If you’re booking flights to Big Bear during the warm weather months, then you’ll be happy to set out on the water in one of the many rental boats. Whether you’re in the mood to try a speedboat, rowboat, paddleboat, pontoon, sailboat, or canoe, all of your desires can be met at this enormously accommodating natural paradise. Boating rates can vary slightly depending on the season and size of the craft, but the most popular place to rent is at Pine Knot Landing, which is a centrally located marina.
Fishing: If you’re fair game for fishing, and booking Big bear flights intent on making the catch, then grab your hook, line, and sinker, and head straight for the shore. These glistening blue waters are teeming with rainbow trout, bass, and catfish in both spring and summer, when fishing is at its best. Both Pine Knot Landing and Gray’s Landing draw the most serious fishers, as well as the more popular Big Bear Marina. Bait and tackle shops are always just around the corner, and it’s easy to obtain a license, so get ready and go.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Big Bear City
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Big Bear City
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Houston (IAH)
- Burbank (BUR)
- Washington (WAS)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Long Beach (LGB)
- Louisville (SDF)
- Dayton (DAY)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Reno (RNO)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Newark (EWR)
- Cedar Rapids (CID)
- Lexington (LEX)
- Fort Walton Beach (VPS)
- Ontario (ONT)
Flights to California
Interesting information about Big Bear City
More useful information about Big Bear City
- Sacramento is growing, offering affordable homes to those seeking California weather.
- The peak season for one way flights to California is the summer.
- Check out our family travel tips you’ll be the one asking “are we there yet?”
- Direct flights to California are easy since it has over 15 airports.
- California's Anaheim is home to Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Pack your bags and go, because you can be miles away by the end of the day with our tips on last minute deals.
- Fly to California and go to San Francisco to see The Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman’s Wharf.
- After your last minute flight to California, driving is the best way to get around the state.
- For California wineries, visit Napa and Sonoma Valley.
- Take your family somewhere and still have enough cash to splurge on souvenirs with our budget vacation tips.
Other user searches
- Flights to Boston from Des Moines
- Phoenix to Buffalo
- Sanford to Pakistan flights
- Flights to Hawaii from Manchester
- Ethiopia from Phoenix flights
- Cheap flights to John F. Kennedy International
- Cheapest flights to New Jersey
- Cheap flights to Scranton
- United Airlines cheap flights
- Flights to South Dakota