Cheap flights to Redding, California (CA)
When is the best time to fly to Redding?
The summer months (June through to September) offer warm weather and little rain, and also sees the Shasta Valley hosting some excellent festivals, but as peak outdoor season this can be more expensive. Visit in May for great weather and events like the Strawberry Festival, or try winter to mix skiing and sight-seeing. There's hardly a bad time to visit Redding and cheap flights should be easy to come by.
Located in the beautiful Shasta Valley, Redding is the heart of northern California and is paradise for lovers of natural beauty and outdoor leisure pursuits.
The town itself has many historic sites and museums to explore. Visitors can see a meticulously restored and maintained 19th century Californian home at the Eaton House Museum, and learn all about the history of the valley at the fascinating Shasta Valley Museum.
However, nature is the star in Redding. At the Turtle Bay Exploration Park, visitors can see a stunning arboretum, learn about forestry at the Paul Bunyan Camp and tour the park's many works of art.
Outside the city, the outdoor attractions are inexhaustible. Take a tour of the Shasta Caverns, enjoy water sports like water skiing and fishing on Shasta Lake, or head to the Whiskeytown National Recreation Area, with its waterfalls and network of trails around the scenic Brandy Creek.
Head out on the trail for a horse riding experience, rent a boat and relax, hike, climb, hang-glide - whatever your passion, Redding has an outdoor activity which suits you. More active holiday makers can even take time out to scale the dramatic heights of Mount Shasta, which towers over the valley.
Come winter, the area is also a popular skiing location, and the Mount Shasta Ski Park is close enough to Redding to make a blend of city break and skiing holiday easy to arrange. In the snow or the sunshine, this is a destination that will deliver natural beauty and excitement in equal measure.
Getting around Redding
The local bus service provides a good service to a limited range of destinations and may well be useful. However, to see the best parts of the Shasta Valley, it is recommended that visitors rent a car. San Francisco will also be within reach, making this an even better option. The Shasta Valley offers some gorgeous cycling routes as well, and motorists are known to be relatively used to cyclists, so why not consider renting a bike as well?
Getting from the Airport to the City
There are no scheduled bus services from the airport to the centre of town, but this should not be a problem. Many hotels will have arrangements with shuttle bus firms to pick up customers (check this before flying though), and taxis are simple to arrange as well. The major car rental firms are also represented at the airport.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Redding
USA departure airports for flights to Redding
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Redding
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Ontario (ONT)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Portland (PDX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Denver (DEN)
- Seattle (SEA)
- New York (NYC)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Austin (AUS)
- Newark (EWR)
- Houston (IAH)
- Long Beach (LGB)
- St Louis (STL)
- Palm Springs (PSP)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Buffalo (BUF)
This is useful information about Redding
More useful information about Redding
- Sacramento is growing, offering affordable homes to those seeking California weather.
- The peak season for one way flights to California is the summer.
- Check out our family travel tips you’ll be the one asking “are we there yet?”
- Direct flights to California are easy since it has over 15 airports.
- California's Anaheim is home to Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Pack your bags and go, because you can be miles away by the end of the day with our tips on last minute deals.
- Fly to California and go to San Francisco to see The Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman’s Wharf.
- After your last minute flight to California, driving is the best way to get around the state.
- For California wineries, visit Napa and Sonoma Valley.
- Take your family somewhere and still have enough cash to splurge on souvenirs with our budget vacation tips.
Other user searches
- Flights Las Vegas to Nigeria
- Flights from Chicago to Cancun
- San Francisco to Las Vegas
- Cheap flights to Italy from Fort Lauderdale
- Cheap flights to Mumbai
- Cheap flights Maui
- Europe airport information
- New York to Orlando cheap flights
- Flights to Jamestown from Bradley International
- Flights to Santo Domingo from Oakland