JetBlue is a low-cost US airline founded in 1998 and commencing operations in 2000. JetBlue is headquartered in the New York City and operates a fleet of around 240 aircraft. It currently flies to around 100 domestic destinations, with focus cities being Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Long Beach, New York, Orlando and San Juan. It is the sixth largest airline in the US.
118-29 Queens Blvd.
Forest Hills, NY
JetBlue on social media:
What are my JetBlue check-in options?
Mobile boarding passes and priority boarding
Flying with children
Seating for infants and children
Flying while pregnant
Disabled access and medical equipment
Pets and service animals
Mobile boarding passes & priority boarding
Online check-in is available from one to 24 hours up to 90 minutes before scheduled departure. You can download and print out your boarding pass through the check-in page of the website after entering your confirmation number and departure airport to continue. You can also check in using the JetBlue mobile app.
For added peace of mind, check out Cheapflights.com’ guide to 10 things to do before your flight.
Customers who need assistance and additional time to board are the first to be asked to board. Thereafter, the boarding procedure is carried out by which group you are in which is noted on your boarding pass above or next to your seat number.
- Mosaic and Mint customers
- “Even More Space” customers
- Courtesy Boarding for active military personnel and customers traveling with children in car seats or strollers.
- General Boarding by group
Flying with children
Lap infants travel for free on JetBlue flights, and you may bring one diaper bag, one stroller and one car seat as part of their allowance. Lap infants that are traveling at no cost do not qualify for the checked baggage allowance. Older children can also enjoy TV programming at every seat. Free snacks and juice is also offered to children. On all flights lasting longer than two hours, the airline offers at least one age-appropriate movie at every seat.
Seating for infants and children
Car seats and child restraint systems are considered a special item that may be carried in addition to the one personal item that a customer is permitted to bring onboard the aircraft. If you chose to check this or a stroller, child carriers/backpack carriers or booster seats, it will not count as one of your checked bags and there is no fee. There is no limit to the number of assistive devices a customer may transport as carry-on or checked baggage either. This is extended regardless of whether you are traveling with your infant/child or are meeting the infant/child at your destination. The seat dimensions for JetBlue flights are as follows:
|Aircraft||Class||Narrowest Seat||Widest Seat|
|Even More Space||16.80"||18.00"|
|A320||Even More Space||17.70"||17.80"|
Children aged between five to the start of their fourteenth year traveling without a legal guardian or adult aged over 18 years are required to use the JetBlue Unaccompanied Children service and be ticketed on the adult fare. Unaccompanied minors may only travel on non-stop flights and are not permitted on connecting flights or direct flights.
The Unaccompanied Children service is available for the following rates:
- 5 to 7 years old: $100 each way per child on non-stop flights only
- 8 up to 14th birthday: $100 each way per child for non-stop flights only
Between 15 (but not yet) 18 years: Can travel without the Unaccompanied Minor Service but if they use the service, fees are the same as above.
Parents or guardians must complete the Unaccompanied Minor Form and bring three copies to the airport in advance of the usual check-in and cut-off times. Photo identification is required for both parties who will be dropping off and picking up the child.
Flying while pregnant
Pregnant customers expecting to deliver within seven days are prohibited from travel unless they provide a doctor’s certificate dated no more than seventy-two (72) hours prior to departure stating that the doctor has examined and found the customer to be physically fit for air travel.
JetBlue offers different options for group travel based on whether you are flying with 8-9 people, for which you should call JetBlue Reservations, or if you are planning to travel as a group of at least 10 on the same flight, for which you will need to fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
The following benefits are included:
- $50 per person deposit to confirm your seats.
- Final payment and names are due 30 days prior to departure on domestic trips
- Name change possible until 72 hours prior to departure for $100.
Disabled access & medical equipment
You will need to notify JetBlue of any special needs you might have prior to your travel. When you book your reservation online, you will need to call 1-800-538-2583 to add the special service requests to your reservation at least 48 hours prior to departure if you would like to carry on the following:
- A Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC)
- An Emotional Support Animal/Psychiatric Service Animal
- A Motorized Wheelchair with a spillable battery
At your destination airport, the airline can provide deplaning assistance and have your personal wheelchair available at the gate or baggage claim area. If you choose to have your wheelchair delivered at the baggage claim, they will provide wheelchair service to that area.
Wheelchair service may also be requested by contacting a JetBlue crewmember inside the airport terminal and may be requested curbside at select airports where Curbside Check-in is offered.
JetBlue accepts the following respiratory devices onboard their aircraft:
- Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) Approved for Air Travel
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Machine (CPAP)
- Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure Machine (BiPAP or BPAP)
Please check out Cheapflights.com’s guide to traveling with disabilities and guide to traveling with medication to help prepare for your trip.
Pets & service animals
Pets can be booked online or you can call 1-800-538-2583. There is a pet fee of $100 each way of your itinerary and only a limited number of pets are allowed on each flight, with only one pet per customer permitted. Pet carriers cannot exceed 17″L x 12.5″W x 8.5″H and the combined weight of your pet and the carrier is limited to 20 pounds. Your pet and carrier count as one carry-on bag on-board.
Note that pets on flights to Jamaica (MBJ and KIN), Barbados (BGI), St Lucia (UVF) the Cayman Islands (GCM) and Trinidad and Tobago (POS) are not permitted.
In order to travel with an emotional support/psychiatric service animal, you must provide current documentation (i.e., no older than one year from the date of the scheduled initial flight) on a dated letterhead issued by a licensed mental health professional or physician stating that:
- The customer traveling has a mental health-related disability
- The animal accompanying the customer is necessary to the customer’s mental health or treatment.
- The number and type of animal
- The individual providing the assessment of the customer is a licensed mental health professional and the customer is under his or her professional care and treatment or a physician specifically treating the mental health disorder.
For further information related to traveling with pets and service animals, check out Cheapflights.com’s guide to pet travel.
What are JetBlue’s baggage allowance limits and fees?
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
There is no weight limit to carry-on luggage but in order to fit in the overhead bin, your carry-on bag must not exceed 22″ L (55.88 cm) x 14″ W (35.56 cm) x 9″ H (22.86 cm), including wheels/handles, on all aircraft types. In order to fit under the seat, all personal items must not exceed 17″ L (43.2 centimeters) x 13″ W (33 centimeters) x 8″ H (20.32 centimeters).
Checked Baggage Allowance
- 51 lbs (23.13 kg) – 99 lbs (44.91 kg)
- 63″ in (160 cm) – 80 in (203.3 cm)(including wheels and handles)
Extra and overweight baggage charges
- For Blue fares, the first checked bag fee is $25 and the second checked bag is $35.
- For Blue Plus fares, one checked bag is included and the second checked bag fee is $35.
- For Blue Flexfares, two checked bags are included.
- For Mint fares: two checked bags up to 70 pounds each are included.
- For all fares, any additional bags are $100 each
Please refer to the Checked Baggage policies for more details.
Musical and sports equipment
Musical instruments (such as upright basses, cellos and some guitars) of a size that prevents the instrument from being handled as normal carry-on baggage will be accepted in the cabin subject to the following:
- An extra seat has been purchased for the instrument
- It has no sharp edges and is shaped so that it may be secured with a seat belt
- It does not weigh more than 165 pounds (75 kg)
If the instrument is checked-in, it will count as part of your baggage allowance based on the fare that you purchased. There is no oversize or overweight fee for musical instruments as long as they do not exceed 150 linear inches, 165 pounds (75 kg) or the applicable size or weight restrictions for the aircraft, with the exception of certain international destinations which have specific size and weight limits.
Sporting equipment is usually charged at $50 per item per route.
Here are JetBlue’s international baggage limits.
What additional fees does JetBlue charge?
Flight cancellation policy
- $75 per-person fee for fares under $100 + difference in fare
- $100 per-person fee for fares between $100 – $149 + difference in fare
- $150 per-person fee for fares $150 or more + difference in fare
Changes and cancellations made 60 days or more prior to departure date will incur a $75 fee, plus the difference.
You can cancel your reservation within 24 hours of booking without being charged a cancellation fee if the trip was booked seven days or more prior to the departure date (although this not applicable for JetBlue Vacations reservations). Note that name changes are not permitted. If you will not be traveling and would like someone else to use your ticket, you may cancel your reservation for a per-person fee and the remaining amount will be placed into a JetBlue credit good for one year.
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption protection
- Emergency Medical and Dental coverage
- 24/7 emergency assistance and concierge services anywhere in the world
You can purchase trip protection and find more information here.
What amenities does JetBlue offer?
Each month, six movies are hand-selected from US studios; three movies on outbound flights and three movies on inbound flights, with one title available in Spanish on Caribbean flights. Movies are free on all flights, and there is also complimentary DIRECTV. Wife is also available on selected flights.
Meals are not served on JetBlue flights but Mint customers on A321 aircraft have a complimentary customized meal service including a pre-departure beverage plus a selection of tapas-style plates and different food options during the flight. Other customers can purchase packaged snacks and beverages, although the larger “EatUp” boxes are available only on flights lasting more that 2 hours.
Prepared food including sandwiches is only offered on flights between:
- New York (JFK) and the Los Angeles area, the San Francisco area, San Diego, Phoenix and Reno/Tahoe
- Boston and the Los Angeles area, the San Francisco area and Phoenix
- Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego and Lima, Peru.
For a glimpse at the menu, click here.
Seating and Legroom
Extra legroom seats are available for at a charge that varies by route. To check the price on a particular flight, you will need to select an Even More Space seat from the seat map during your booking or during the check-in process. Even More Space seats are available on all fleets, providing up to 38″ of legroom.
Frequent Flier Program
JetBlue uses the TrueBlue frequent flyer plan.
- Montego Bay (MBJ) – Club Mobay
- Kingston (KIN) – Club Kingston
Here passengers can access:
- Complimentary refreshments and snacks (fresh fruit, pastries, etc.)
- Business center with Wi-Fi
- Spa treatments and shower facilities
- Fast track access through the airport
- Kid’s corner — arcade games, activities, etc. (Club Mobay only)
Delayed, missing or damaged luggage
If upon landing your find that your bags have been delayed, you will need to notify one of the airline’s representatives at the airport. You will get a file reference number, which you will need to initiate claims process. If you need to make a claim once you’ve left the airport, call the JetBlue Baggage Service Office at your arrival airport within four hours of landing.
Compensation for baggage
In the case of destruction, loss of, or damage or delay to baggage, 1,131 Special Drawing Rights is awarded per passenger in most cases. You may benefit from a higher limit of liability for loss of, damage or delay to baggage by making at check-in a special declaration of the value of your baggage and paying any supplementary fee that may apply.
JetBlue’s founders initially planned to call the airline “Taxi” and have a yellow livery to associate the airline with New York. But they had to scrap the idea because of the negative connotation behind New York City taxis; the ambiguity of the word taxi with regard to air traffic control, and the threat that key investor JP Morgan would pull its share of $20 million out of the airline’s initial funding unless the name was changed.