Cheap flights to Siena, Italy
When is the best time to fly to Siena?
The city has a temperate climate which means that the weather is good all year round. There are no extreme temperatures in the city and rain mostly falls during the spring and autumn. March is a good time to consider taking flights to Siena as rain is unlikely, the weather is sunny and clear for appreciating its stunning scenery. April and May have more chance of rain, but are still great for a holiday in the city. July and August are the hottest months in Siena with temperatures between 27 and 32 degrees. Humidity may be high during this time of the year.
Spring and early autumn and the summer months are peak time in the city. For the best chance of grabbing cheap flights to Siena and deals on hotel rooms, the winter months are a great option. Other peak times in the city include school holidays, the festive season, special events and festivals. These will all yield far higher prices of flights to Siena than at off-peak times. While winters are cool and rainy, there is still much to do and see in the city. Warm bars, restaurants social discos and bars, vineyards and cosy hotel rooms are a delight to the winter traveller and provide a sense of romance for visitors.
This ethereally beautiful Tuscan city is appreciated for its art, churches, gorgeous stained-glass windows and top quality gourmet food. Like many towns in Italy, Siena breathes life into the most weary of souls with its vibrant colour, passionate people and striking natural beauty. The Piazza del Campo, where you can join locals for some socialising or retail therapy, is the centre of life in the city. Climbing high up to reach the top of the tower of del Mangia is a great way to learn about the city's defensive history and at 288ft (88 m) you will be rewarded with some magnificent views over the city and surrounding hills. The Baptistery features frescos and statues, dating back to the 1400's.
There is no shortage of tasty food in the city and whether you want a cup of coffee and pastry in the morning or a five-course meal at a gourmet restaurant, Siena will not disappoint. Sample crostini, pappardelle, grilled meat and ham, salami and pecorino for a taste of authentic Italian cuisine. Siena is quiet at night and without a real party scene, so strolling through the alleys after dinner and looking up at the stars or enjoying the cityscape from your balcony is a great way to experience the evenings.
Getting around Siena
It is safe to explore the city on foot and by bicycle.
Getting from the Airport to the City
To get to the city from one of the three closest airports, namely Florence (FLR), Pisa (PSA) and Rome (FCO) is easy. Florence airport is the closest to Siena. There is a reliable train service from all three airports. You can also take a city bus or shuttle bus or rent a car or taxi.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Siena
USA departure airports for flights to Siena
Interesting information about Siena
More useful information about Siena
- Book a one way flight to Italy and immerse yourself in the works of Raphael, Michelangelo, and da Vinci.
- Bologna is a beautiful city with a medieval center, old brick palaces, and porticoed streets.
- In Italy, the mountain ski season is December through April.
- Travelers take direct flights to Italy to ski the snow-capped mountain tops of the Dolomites.
- The slow travel season for Italy usually runs from November to mid-December.
- The entire country has the same coastal temperatures all year round except for the higher elevations.
- A last minute flight to Italy will get you to Venice in time for Carnival that takes place every February.
- Italy has set the groundwork for many of today’s literature, theater, art, and cuisine.
- Your best bet to see some of Italy's beautiful vineyards is to take an organized tour.
- Serious shoppers take flights to Italy to purchase some of the country's famed fashion.