Cheap flights to Marmaris, Turkey
One of the larger vacation resorts, Marmaris is probably the most European of the Turkish resort towns on the Mediterranean coast, and a bustling cosmopolitan tourist center in the summer months. Marmaris also marks the start of the Turquoise Coast along the Mediterranean Sea. Built around an extensive natural bay at the foot of forested mountain slopes, the town is the best base for some of the finest sailing on the Mediterranean, with a modern marina catering for private yachts and the Blue Voyage cruise business. According to legend the town got its name when, not finding the castle he had commissioned on the hill to his liking, Süleyman the Magnificent muttered "Mimari as" ("Hang the architect!").
Marmaris Travel Information
- Frequent shoppers planning flights to Marmaris should know how to do one thing: haggle. Don’t get pushed into making a purchase in the small Turkish markets – the vendors are experienced and will persuade even the most frugal to splurge. Along with their know-how though, also comes customer service. If you’ve had a good encounter with certain stalls or boutiques, it’s likely that the salesperson will remember you, so go back to the same shops for better deals. The general rule of thumb when negotiating price is to be friendly, speak a little Turkish (simply hello, please, and thank you are sufficient), and always respect the vendors.
- Driving off road can be fun and adventurous, especially when you’re with your travel companions. Gather 4-6 of your cohorts and hop in an off-road Jeep for a safari experience like no other. You’ll drive through beaches, forests, and around waterfalls, so be sure to bring your camera – and your poncho! Icmeler, the highest mountain on the island, makes for a bumpy uphill excursion, and Virgin beach allows for a little time to swim. See the waterfall in Turgut village, and fill your camera with breathtaking, panoramic memories that you’ll have long after your return Marmaris flight arrives home.
- There are few better ways to spend your Marmaris travel than scuba diving. Whether you’re an experienced veteran or curious beginner, you’ll be able to take a tour of the deep sea with professional, licensed diving instructors. Roam through the Mediterranean and Aegean Seas to observe the multitude of exotic marine life, or snorkel near the surface to see the friendly, shoreline fish. Most of the shore is shallow and safe, with calm reefs, caverns, walls, drop-offs, and tunnels, awaiting your exploration.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Marmaris
Flights to Turkey
More useful information about Marmaris
- When your direct flight to Turkey arrives, you’ll be in a country of mystery and mystique.
- If you’re looking for quick trips, and opportunities to met locals, hop on one of the Dolmuses (minibuses).
- Find a cheap one way flight to Turkey and enjoy the Turkish hospitality while you savor all the history.
- Turkey’s proximity to both the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts make for scorching and arid summers.
- For high rollers, Nisantasi may be a great first stop straight from your Turkey flight.
- The country is divided between Europe and the Middle East and is a melting pot of sacred sites for many religions.
- When booking last minute flights to Turkey; the more sun there is, the more tourists there are.
- Ortaköy literally means “village in the middle,” and is quickly becoming a chic destination.