Flights from Dallas (DFW) to Atlanta (ATL)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Dallas to Atlanta across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Dallas to Atlanta
- Only 6.2 miles separate Dallas from Fort Worth (FTW)
- Only 85.4 miles separate Dallas from Tyler (TYR)
- Only 85.9 miles separate Dallas from Waco (ACT)
How much do things cost in Atlanta and Dallas?
Additional useful information for Atlanta
Atlanta may look like a close neighbor to Dallas at first sight, but the historic Southern metropolis has a flavor all its own. Ready to plan your Atlanta adventure? With an average flight time of under two hours, and with both cities serving as major flight hubs, finding the perfect flight from Dallas to Atlanta couldn't be easier.
How long is the flight from Dallas to Atlanta?
A direct flight leaving Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and landing in Atlanta generally lasts around an hour and 40 minutes. Connections and delays can add to your travel time, but only around 8.8 percent of flights taking this route are delayed.
Which airlines operate flights from Dallas to Atlanta?
Delta and American Airlines both offer direct flights from Dallas to Atlanta, but you can also find direct flights through Spirit, Southwest, Virgin Atlantic, Alaska Airlines and several other domestic and international airlines.
How frequent are flights between Dallas and Atlanta?
You can find dozens of direct flights leaving daily from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, with several flights taking off every one to two hours.
Which airports serve Dallas to Atlanta?
Most Dallas flights leave from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, which is a 25 minute drive west of downtown Dallas. As one of the busiest airports in the world, this airport offers plenty of flight options for every travel schedule. You can also find flights taking off from smaller Dallas Love Field or Dallas Executive Airport. When you book a flight to Atlanta, chances are you're flying into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. This is both the major airport in the Atlanta metro area and the world's busiest airport by passenger traffic. Smaller airports in the area include DeKalb Peachtree Airport and Fulton County Airport, but flights tend to be pricier.
Which direct flight route between Dallas and Atlanta is cheapest?
You can find the best prices on flights running between the two major airports in each city, Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Leave the modern streets of Dallas behind for the rich history and trove of family-friendly attractions that Atlanta has to offer. Once your flight lands in sunny Atlanta, check out Georgia Aquarium, see a performance at the old Fox Theatre, or tour the museums that span from art and civil rights history museums to the World of Coca-Cola. Temperatures in Atlanta are just slightly cooler than those in Dallas year round, but prepare for a few more rainy days when you visit Atlanta.
The diverse museums and vibrant streets of Atlanta are just a short flight away. Try our smart search engine to find budget-friendly flights from Dallas to Atlanta.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from Dallas to Atlanta
- There are 3858 daily seats available for flights between Dallas and Atlanta
- For flights between Dallas and Atlanta, the typical cancellation rate is 1.2 percent
- A delay of 49 mins is common when flying from Dallas to Atlanta
- The smallest plane flying between Dallas and Atlanta is the Canadair CRJ 200
- The largest aircraft flying between Dallas and Atlanta is a Boeing 747-400 (Domestic)
- The percent of flights delayed between Dallas and Atlanta is 8.8 percent
- Flights between Dallas and Atlanta are rarely subject to diversions
- Each week Delta Air Lines, Inc. operates 313 flights from Dallas to Atlanta
- The most popular aircraft flying between Dallas and Atlanta is a McDonnell Douglas MD-80