Cheap flights to Adelaide, Australia
Adelaide is well known for its expansive history, culture and traditions. Visitors to Adelaide will quickly get a taste of that by discovering the many world-class museums, festivals and sporting events that occur year-round. On top of that, throw in the magnificent Australian wines, the fine, locally produced food and the fantastic laidback and livable vibe of Adelaide, and tourists may be considering a return trip before they even leave.
Adelaide's beaches are legendary. The best known are Glenelg and Henley Beach, which are a 20-minute drive from the city. The Adelaide Hills, studded with national parks and reserves, are also close to the city too.
Adelaide has a Mediterranean climate. Temperatures from December to February average around 85 F, whereas June to August temperatures average around 60F. Rainfall is sparse.
Best Time to Fly to Adelaide
Adelaide is a year-round destination and the time of your visit will depend on what you want to do when you get there.
January and February are busy due to school vacations and February and March are also busy as they are popular festival months. For whale watching, June to October is high season on the Eyre and Fleurieu Peninsulas.
There's not really an off season, although June, July and August temperatures can be chillier.
Getting around Adelaide
There are several car-rental desks and Taxi services at the airport. Skylink Shuttle links the airport, city and Adelaide Parklands Rail Terminal (Keswick).
Walking is the best way to explore this beautifully laid-out city, but public transport is reliable and fairly cheap. Buses, trains, a tramline to Glenelg and the O-Bahn busway all help to keep Adelaide moving. The O-Bahn is a guided busway, traveling from the city to Tea Tree Plaza, a suburban shopping center.
Taxis are readily available, either from city taxi stands, hailing them on the street or ordering them by phone.
Biking is also a very popular way to get around the city.
Adelaide Travel Information
- To get a cultural experience, take advantage of the many museums and galleries. Some even offer free admission.
- You may want to pack an empty bag on your way to Adelaide. There are lots of specialties you won't be able to resist, such as a piece of jewelry with South Australian opals, a box or two of Haigh’s chocolates and a dozen or so Chocolate Frogs.
- Magill Road is the must-go street for antiques. The historic Maylands Tram Barn is located on Magill Road too.
- Australia's largest railroad museum is the National Railway Museum. It boasts more than 100 exhibits from State, Commonwealth and private railway operators.
- Gilles St Market is held on the third Sunday of every month at Gilles Street Primary School in the city. Fashionistas congregate here for designer samples and up-and-coming designers' fashions, clearance stock, vintage wear, jewelry and accessories.
- The Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary is a little-known gem that covers 45 square miles. The mangroves, seagrass, saltmarsh, tidal flats, tidal creeks and estuarine rivers all provide vital habitat and food for the dolphins. Take a hike along the walking trail or hop aboard one of the cruises that depart regularly from the Port Adelaide Lighthouse on Sundays, public holidays and school vacations.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Adelaide
USA departure airports for flights to Adelaide
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Adelaide
- Dallas (DFW)
- Fort Worth (DFW)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Houston (IAH)
- New York (NYC)
- Newark (EWR)
- Oklahoma City (OKC)
- Austin (AUS)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Portland (PDX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Denver (DEN)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Norfolk (ORF)
- San Diego (SAN)
- St Louis (STL)
- Rochester (ROC)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- San Jose (SJC)
Interesting information about Adelaide
More useful information about Adelaide
- Sydney is Australia's oldest city and has international style and superb dining.
- Looking for daily deals while in Australia? Groupon and Living Social have a presence there too.
- If you are looking for Australian beaches, Bondi Beach in Sydney should be a first stop.
- Last minute flight deals to Australia can be found if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- The 'real' Tasmanian Devil is found on the island of Tasmania, and is the size of a small dog.
- Book a direct flight to Australia to see bizarre wildlife and beautiful beaches.
- Take a one way flight to Australia and you'll will be picking up some of the local slang in no time.
- Want to visit the capital city? It's little-known Canberra; not Sydney or Melbourne.
- Some of Australia's six states are New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
- The off season in Australia is June through August when winter is in full effect.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to Australia
- Houston to Las Vegas
- Flights to Zihuatanejo from San Francisco
- Washington cheap flight
- Columbus to London
- Cleveland to Costa Rica flights
- Flights to Maldives from Dallas
- Flights from St Lucie County International to Barcelona International
- Flights from Portland to Puerto Rico
- Las Vegas from New York flights