Flanked by four of the five Great Lakes and home to one of the largest film festivals in the world, Ontario has much to offer any traveler. Bordered by Manitoba, Quebec and the United States, Ontario is easy accessible and flights to Ontario are commonly found. Ontario home to some of the most traveled to cities in Canada and Ottawa, the capital city of Canada. This southeast Canadian province has happening towns, tranquil scenery and the yearly Toronto Film Festival, but if you’re looking for some aquatic adventures look no further than Ontario’s famous water fall, Niagara Falls. Located in the far south region of Ontario, Niagara Falls is one of the most famous destination spots in the world and one of the more romantic reasons to book flights to Ontario.
Ontario has a continental climate with hot summers and cold winters. Cheap flights to Ontario can usually be found in the winter months, but make sure to bring warm clothes and plan a lot of inside-activities.
Best Time to Fly to Ontario
Spring and summer are usually the best times to visit Ontario and when most travelers book Ontario flights and lodging. Toronto hosts many festivals and this is also a great time to visit the Niagara Falls area.
Winter is cold and can become frigid and windy, but if you're willing to brave the cold this is also a great time to find cheap flights to Ontario. Plan smart - many of the top tourist attractions reduce hours or close outside of the peak travel season, but the ones that remain open likely feature reduced rates.
Getting around Ontario
Renting a car is often the best way to really explore the Ontario scenery. Reserve a rental car when you book Ontario flights, especially if you're traveling during the peak season.
Bike paths and hiking trails are flanked throughout the province and many tourism offices have trail maps or guided tours for your convenience.
Domestic Canada flights depart from Ontario daily.
Ontario Travel Information
- Don't miss a trip to Niagara Falls. One of the most spectacular natural wonders in the world, Niagara Falls also includes plenty of parkland and wilderness attractions.
- Sault Ste. Marie is located on Lake Superior on the US border with Michigan and hosts endless scenery of natural beauty. Take a train trip through the Agawa Canyon or a cruise through the Soo Locks.
- If you're visiting Toronto, save yourself some money and purchase a Toronto CityPass, which allows you to enter the top attractions at discounted prices. Each booklet of tickets is valid for nine days from when the first one is used. You can buy the package at the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Ontario Science Center, the CN Tower, Casa Loma, and the Toronto Zooany or online at www.citypass.com.
Flight deals to Ontario
USA departure airports for flights to Ontario
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Ontario
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (NYC)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Newark (EWR)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Miami (MIA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Greensboro (GSO)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Sioux Falls (FSD)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Fayetteville (XNA)
- St Louis (STL)
- Austin (AUS)
- Washington (WAS)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Portland (PWM)
- Burlington (BTV)
- Colorado Springs (COS)
- Boise (BOI)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Moline (MLI)
- Indianapolis (IND)
More useful information about Ontario
- The eastern provinces of Canada include Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- When your one way flight to Canada arrives, you’ll be in North America’s largest country by area.
- Western Canada consists of British Columbia and three provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Victoria Day to Labor Day (Late May to Early September) is the best time for outdoor activities.
- For winter sports enthusiasts, November to March offers the best chance of good snow in Canada.
- Possibly the most British of the Canadian cities, Ottawa is a charming cosmopolitan city.
- Some direct flights to Canada land at Lester B Pearson International Airport or Trudeau Airport.
- For last minute flights to Canada, keep in mind that many cities are transformed into winter wonderlands.