Cheap flights to Knock/Connaught (NOC)
Situated in the rugged landscape of Co. Mayo in the west of Ireland, Knock is a quaint town of great religious significance. The Shrine of Knock is a world-famous Roman Catholic pilgrimage site that attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors from all corners of the globe. In the late nineteenth century, apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary, as well as several saints, are claimed to have appeared in the town to a group of children, which is why the site has been heralded as a place of worship. There are also numerous tours available, allowing visitors to fully appreciate the historical and religious significance of the site. In addition to this, Knock is also a short distance from Croagh Patrick - the mountain named after Ireland's patron saint and itself a site of religious importance. The town accommodates visitors through charming hotels, B&Bs, cafes and restaurants, where tourists can get a taste for traditional Irish cuisine as well as other facets of Irish culture. For those looking for more outdoor activity, the town is perfectly located to explore the nearby mountains, hills, lakes and rivers that define the west of Ireland. From bike-riding, fishing, camping and hiking to simply taking in the breathtaking scenery, this destination is ideal for those interested in a spiritual, active or scenic getaway. The larger towns of Westport and Castlebar are also in close proximity, where tourists can also avail of the thriving Irish pub scene.
Best Time to Fly to Knock
For a comprehensive exploration of the Shrine, there are many guided tours available all throughout the year. Due to the Irish climate, the summer months of June to August are the driest and warmest times of the year, so these months may be more suited to those wanting to enjoy outdoor activities such as camping, hiking and fishing. The cheapest time to visit Knock is between March and May or November to February. These are off-peak seasons for the town, and so there may be cheaper accommodations, tour packages and flights available during these periods
Getting around Knock
Knock is a very small town, and can easily be explored by foot. To discover the environs of the town, or the nearby towns, there are buses available, as well as taxis. Biking is also an option, and a great way to enjoy the spectacular scenery of the county.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Knock/Connaught
Interesting information about Knock/Connaught
More useful information about Knock/Connaught
- The Gulf Stream gives Ireland a temperate climate. Summer is typically dry and in the 60s (F).
- Take a boat trip to The Aran Islands off the coast of Galway.
- Last minute flights to Ireland allow you to see Great Blasket island.
- Cheap bus tours are the best way to see the luscious green countryside.
- Climb the steep hill to ring the bells at St Anne's Church in Cork.
- Book a direct flight to Ireland for a family gathering in Dublin or a chance to gab at the Blarney stone.
- The Shannon region has stunning scenery including Cliffs of Moher and Burren’s limestone.
- After you depart from your one way flight to Ireland, take advantage of free admission to an art gallery.
- If you are a fan of stouts, Ireland has many to choose from beyond just Guinness.
- Take a trip off the beaten path and test your knowledge of Gaelic language in some of Ireland’s remote villages.