Cheap flights to General Roberto Fierro V. (CUU)
When is the best time to fly to Chihuahua?
Located on the western side of the Chihuahua Desert, the city has a semi-arid climate. Winters in the city are mild with average daytime temperatures of 62 degrees Fahrenheit. January is the coldest month in the city with an average temperature of 35 degrees but little rain. Snow is limited to one or two falls during the year, even though temperatures can fall as low as 14 degrees due to the action of cold fronts. There is scant rain from December to March, and this is only for a few days each year.
The off-peak season is likely to provide the cheapest rates on flights, hotel rooms and spas. Festive season holidays, school vacations, Mexican religious holidays and event weeks are also peak times in the city and rates may be much higher than normal. The off-peak months of winter still offer good weather and if you visit at the beginning or end of winter, it is still possible to be fairly active outdoors and enjoy the city.
The origin of one of the smallest breeds of dog in the world, Copper Canyon and Pancho Villa's mansion, this Mexican city is a firm favourite with US and world travelers. Chihuahua City offers visitors a chance to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, stroll around and visit Casas Grandes. This important archaeological site features ceremonial pyramids, T-shaped doors, temple buildings and a ball court. The area boasts an exceptional number of forests and nature areas and a great variety of fauna and flora. There are high mountains to enjoy and river valleys to explore. Taking a road trip through the area is one way to authentically appreciate its beauty. The Sierra Madre Occidental mountain range is one of one of its primary tourist attractions. Take a train trip through Copper Canyon and see one-of-a-kind views as you race through the countryside.
Chihuahua is home to the Museo Casa Juarez, Central Park El Palomar, several mansions that are a great option for day trips and the well known Dancing Fountains. There are several shopping malls in the area which sell locally made and other goods. The city has a good selection of bars, restaurants and night clubs to enjoy after dark. If you're a golf enthusiast, enjoy a round or two with friends before heading to one of the many restaurants in the area, offering fine Mexican or contemporary cuisine.
Getting around Chihuahua
Your hotel can arrange transport for you so that you can enjoy sightseeing in comfort and style. Always be careful when touring on foot or by bicycle in secluded areas.
Getting from the Airport to the City
The Chihuahua airport (CUU) is located about 30 minutes’ drive from the airport. A variety of public transportation options is located at the airport. These include buses, rental cars, taxis, airport shuttles and private airport transfers. Taxis aren't metered so always agree on a price before using one.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to General Roberto Fierro V.
USA departure airports for flights to General Roberto Fierro V.
Useful information about General Roberto Fierro V.
More useful information about General Roberto Fierro V.
- Many adventure travelers find fun in Mexico ziplining through jungles.
- Eat Mexican food that you haven't had before when you are there such as chiles rellenos, tlayudas and tamales.
- Last minute flights to Mexico City will have you arrive at one of the largest, most complex cities in the world.
- For hiking, The Copper Canyon offers trails and views of over 800 foot Basaseachi Waterfall.
- Direct Mexico flights give you a chance to visit Playa del Carmen, one of its best-known resort towns.
- Between July and September, Mexico's southern coast resorts are packed with tourists.
- A top attraction, Chichén Itzá is amongst the greatest surviving monuments of the Mayan civilization.
- Take a non-stop flight to Mexico and stay in the land where chocolate was invented.
- When booking Mexico flights, considering planning an all-inclusive vacation in Riveria Maya or Cozumel.
- Cancun is a popular spring break destination for college students.