Cheap flights to General Abelardo L. Rodriguez (TIJ)
Tijuana, on the Baja Californian peninsula, is a border town in north-western Mexico, adjacent to San Diego, California. Given its close proximity to US, historically it has been a popular destination for American youngsters looking to party beyond the gaze of their parents, particularly during the notorious Spring Break. Avendida Revolucion is the place to experience the wild side of Tijuana where touristy souvenir shops, American fast food stores and nightclubs can be found. In recent years, a rising crime rate and increased security concerns has seen fewer tourists choose to holiday there. However, in an effort to reverse the decline, Tijuana is trying to showcase its surprisingly good food and drink scene. The wine, made locally in the Guadalupe Valley, rivals some of California's best and a number of the city's restaurants, specialising in a new style of Mexican cuisine known as Baja-Med, come highly recommended. And it's not just high-end dining; the street stalls sell delicious tacos and other Mexican delicacies at very reasonable prices. As well as this food revolution, there is also an increasing desire to celebrate other areas of Mexican culture. The Tijuana Cultural Center (CECUT), in the Zona Rio district of Tijuana, is a hub of art galleries, cinemas, botanical gardens, theatres and museums showcasing the very best of Mexican culture. There should be more than enough to occupy the whole family for many hours!
Best Time to Fly to Tijuana
Typically, the weather in Tijuana is similar to that of the Mediterranean with plenty of sun and relatively little rain. The warmest part of the year is between July and October with an average high temperature of 78 Degrees Fahrenheit and an average low temperature of 64 Degrees Fahrenheit. August is usually the hottest month. In contrast, the coldest months are December to April; the average high temperature is 66 degrees Fahrenheit and an average low of 46 degrees Fahrenheit with December the coldest. The high season in Tijuana falls during Easter Spring Break and the summer months of July and August. Others busy times include Independence Day on September 16th and the Day of the Dead on November 1st and 2nd. Generally, hotel prices will be cheaper during the cooler months.
Getting around Tijuana
For travel within the city, taxis are also an easy option. There are two types: the un-metered yellow taxis, which tend to be more expensive, and the metered white with orange stripes 'taxi libre' cabs. Buses are also a cheap alternative.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to General Abelardo L. Rodriguez
USA departure airports for flights to General Abelardo L. Rodriguez
This is useful information about General Abelardo L. Rodriguez
More useful information about General Abelardo L. Rodriguez
- Many adventure travelers find fun in Mexico ziplining through jungles.
- Eat Mexican food that you haven't had before when you are there such as chiles rellenos, tlayudas and tamales.
- Last minute flights to Mexico City will have you arrive at one of the largest, most complex cities in the world.
- For hiking, The Copper Canyon offers trails and views of over 800 foot Basaseachi Waterfall.
- Direct Mexico flights give you a chance to visit Playa del Carmen, one of its best-known resort towns.
- Between July and September, Mexico's southern coast resorts are packed with tourists.
- A top attraction, Chichén Itzá is amongst the greatest surviving monuments of the Mayan civilization.
- Take a non-stop flight to Mexico and stay in the land where chocolate was invented.
- When booking Mexico flights, considering planning an all-inclusive vacation in Riveria Maya or Cozumel.
- Cancun is a popular spring break destination for college students.